Technical Tuning The 899

Currently reading:
Technical Tuning The 899

Hi there, does the anti roll bar have to have sporting springs and dampers to fit the 899? Or can you put in on, the reason why I'm asking is I have just bought and fitted a full suspension kit, but on Sunday I am picking up a sporting of which I was gonna strip the roll bars off and put on mine..

Re: Tuning The 899 Date joined 16/07/12

Hi there, does the anti roll bar have to have sporting springs and dampers to fit the 899? Or can you put in on, the reason why I'm asking is I have just bought and fitted a full suspension kit, but on Sunday I am picking up a sporting of which I was gonna strip the roll bars off and put on mine..
As in my post above, you would want something lower than the 899 springs if you fit the roll bar. Std sporting springs or better.

Dropped it 40mm so that should be fine then right?
Yes it should be fine.
The places the bar mounts to are the same on all Cinq, it just uses extra brackets for the bar. Hopefully with gallons of PlusGas you will get the old ones from your donor Sporting.

Ahhhh I see :) , yeah I had to use a ton of duck oil to get the old dampers off, I was quite suprised that the underneath looks almost new. Appart from the hubs/rear drums. But the bolts certainly didn't want to let go.

Back