General Trickey Dickey

Currently reading:
General Trickey Dickey

Trickey Dickey

hi guys! (and gals of course!!)
anyone got an opinion on high flow cats? are they worth bothering with, i have just fitted a miltek cat back system to my coupe (which is a bit quiet i think) and was thinking of getting a high flow cat too? anyone tried one? any feed back would be cool! also anyone know where i can get the front spoiler cups as om a plus model?

:)

Last edited:
Hi there. You think the Milltek is quiet? :eek: There are louder exhausts available, but none designed with the attention to detail of the Milltek.
Hi-flow cats are quite expensive, at about £400. That's more than the cost of a decat... ;)
H

Re: high flow

i dont want to go down the de cat route because of the arsing around when it comes to mot time, i know how much they are but dont want to spend the money if it makes bugger all difference?? do you know anyone who has one

Most places will change a decat and cat over for MOT time. takes about 10 minutes. I'm sure if I had a decat (they're illegal you know ;) ), then I'd get the garage to service the car, put the cat back on, MOT it, then put the decat back on.
H

the thing is if i go for a decat and have a bump the insurance people aint going to be too helpfull, ive already had an incident with an uninsured driver and i came off worse !! i need to find someone with a high flow cat!! ps Hmallett your birthday is a day after mine!!! but a year out!! should i just chip it!!

how do you think insurance wise you will be better off chipping it than decatting it.

Your exhaust not being standard you will have declared anyway. I dont know the low down of declaring a de-cat anyway.

If you want more BHP for your money then a chip is the way to go

Re: chip/cat

i reckon i'll make a few enquiries about chipping perhaps do both, high flow and chip it!! should go well then i reckon!!:D

Re: chip/cat

so who does a good chip, i assume there are loads of different people offering various outputs?? where is this motormech? any good:confused:

High flow cats are excellent, if you can afford £400 then go for it. You get almost all the gas flow of a de-cat but in most cases you pass an MOT.

If you posted this question on FCCUK, you'd get the forum split, those that think it's okay to run a de-cat, and those eco warriors that think it's harmful to the environment, or you are a dirty criminal that will get no payout if you have an accident.
I run a de-cat, balls to them :D nice flames sometimes too :cool:

Back