Technical Tracking / Wheel alignment on the multijet 150

Currently reading:
Technical Tracking / Wheel alignment on the multijet 150

dtimmins1985

Established member
Hey up guys

Had tracking done last week with new wheels fitted.

Feels much better but still pulls to the right a little, not as bad as before.

Im going back tomorrow to get it re-done as the steering wheel is off slightly.

Ive attached pics of the before and after when i had it done last week, it was way out!

Does anyone know what the figures should actually be for the 1.9 16v multijet 150hp.

On the fasep system we could only choose fiat > stilo > diesel > jtd listed twice.

Maybe we chose the wrong option on the car stuff above, we also chose this in wheel specifications, 17" wheel and 7.5J for rim width and correct specifications for tyres.

All the suspension and struts are perfect in condition and not bent, all bushes recently renewed (id say a year or so ago).

Any ideas?

20170729_141847.jpeg20170729_142505.jpeg20170729_140325.jpeg

Its the Camber difference that makes your Stilo pull to the right.

Mine

Stilo 1.2 5D
Abarth steering rack
KW Shock Absorbers
Eibach Pro Kit Springs 30mm lower
205/55R16

Mine pulls to the left

VBouG0M.jpg

B5hx5KH.jpg

Fdqjq8U.jpg

Last edited:
Can the camber be adjusted? Im fearing that camber caused like mine is signs of worn suspension on one side... im back at garage tomorrow, i was too busy today.

it'll have been that massive toe on the right hand side that was making it feel like crap mate.

There is no camber adjustment, no. Plus, if you look at it they're green anyway, so they're within spec.

You might find that if the toe has been out it's unevenly worn the tyre scrubbing the inner edge which is giving you a bit of camber (some lean in the tyre).

I doubt you'll be really feeling such little camber though mate.

Luckily i had only drove on the tyres for about a month or so...

New ones at the end of this month... depending on what crops up.

I have to do the dics and pads this month and a full service, nearly done 5k since i bought her now :)

Ill see what happens when i go back today, they where very busy yesterday, its bugging me that it still pulls and its not torque steer! It does it even without boost!.

Ok... so ive had it redone today, didnt bother taking pics, front offside was showing as +1.6 !! Which means they didnt do it right before... its now bang on -0.5 on both sides... steering wheel is nice and straight again.

Drives nice and straight but pulls to the right under boost...

As a test, driving uphill i throw the car to the left whilst under boost and it straightens up then shoots off to the right... it feels more like torque steer.. if im tootling along it feels ok and i no longer have to hold the wheel... but under boost its a different story.

Handling feels much more poised and twitchier, more of a true feeling rather than a soft numb feeling like before... it feels more planted and gives me more confidence..m the car is handling and talking to me now :) - thats was one big bug bear for me with this stilo!

Will be having it re-checked next week to ensure all is still good.

As you seem to have unlimited access to the alignment unit try getting rid of all the toe in and set to parallel (zero toe) - see how you like it - less wear on the inside shoulder and less twitchy on turn-in.

As you seem to have unlimited access to the alignment unit try getting rid of all the toe in and set to parallel (zero toe) - see how you like it - less wear on the inside shoulder and less twitchy on turn-in.

Is this really something we should do?
Will the tyres wear quicker on the other side or should it be fine.

I only ask because im not going back to the garage until the end of month when i go for my brand new tyres fitting - will get it re-done then, luckily my colleagues dad works there so that's a bit of a bonus - he knows his stuff when it comes to suspension so I can least talk to him about it whilst the other chap is down in the pit aligning the car.

Thanks for the info.

Dan.

Is this really something we should do?

Yes.... Fiat originally specified front wheel toe in as -1°. The eLEARN manual, and possibly specifications held by garages, still show that.

It was changed to 0° by a service bulletin issued in January 2003.

Attachments

• SN 44-01.03 P1 Tyres.jpg
    SN 44-01.03 P1 Tyres.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 51
  • SN 44-01.03 P2 Tyres.jpg
    SN 44-01.03 P2 Tyres.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Yes.... Fiat originally specified front wheel toe in as -1°. The eLEARN manual, and possibly specifications held by garages, still show that.

It was changed to 0° by a service bulletin issued in January 2003.

Thanks for posting this - I will take a print out of this along to the garage with me.

The fasep system was saying -0.5mm - not +0.0
+0.0 shows as too much toe on the machine.

Will keep you updated with results, going to be end of the month now, got lots on im currently in-between emails with Joel at JTD-Performance, looks like the new downpipe will be ordered coming the end of this month, then next month - free flowing mid section, then month after - the back box, still deciding on a twin pipe to the left or single exit...

btw - Joel seems very nice to deal with so far, he is also going to see if he can mock up a kit for me to re-locate the piping for my SMIC to the front to make it as easy as possible for me to attempt :)

Will update my other thread when im nearer the time.

Back