Tracking systems

Currently reading:
Tracking systems

Kier

Prominent member
Anyone able to recommend one? Are they worth getting for a cheapish car?

Been watching Road Wars, and they got a car back 15 minutes after it was stolen due to a tracker, and got me thinking.

Also, with insurance...would it save money?

Anyone able to recommend one? Are they worth getting for a cheapish car?

Been watching Road Wars, and they got a car back 15 minutes after it was stolen due to a tracker, and got me thinking.

Also, with insurance...would it save money?

Tracking systems are limitless in what they can do dependent on what you require it to do. I always say that the bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.

I am involved in global tracking of assets and probably could assist you in steering you towards a device which will suit your needs.
We have mobile devices which we use as lone worker support and also offer full tracking and access to emergency telephone with an open line to a designated number. Everything has a cost all you need to do is make your decision as to what you wish a device to do for you. !

Most devices rely on the GPRS and GSM Networks, one must remember that no siganal no tracking ! with this type of device ! However for the committed there are tracking systems such as can be seen on (skywave.com) that work globally.

my beemer came with one fitted, i had a look into swapping it into my name but was put off as it has a really espensive subscription.

i can rememebr the exact price but i think it was around £25/month.

i'd rather make an insurance claim on that basis then have my beaten up car returned.

Ry

There was a GPS GSM tracker in autoexpress that they tested. Called Hornet. I very so nearly brought one. Was only about £200 and the way it worked was fasinating. Also as it was GSM operated, no subscription. Just a Pay as you go sim needed.

I've googled it but can't find it.

Will have a look for the mag.

Jon.

There was a GPS GSM tracker in autoexpress that they tested. Called Hornet. I very so nearly brought one. Was only about £200 and the way it worked was fasinating. Also as it was GSM operated, no subscription. Just a Pay as you go sim needed.

I've googled it but can't find it.

Will have a look for the mag.

Jon.

Found this on the web. Tells you what the product does.

http://www.stirlingobserver.co.uk/s...rs-in-stirling-firm-s-traccer-51226-22456528/

Would seem that they no-longer make them though.

http://www.rwmotortec.com/cartracker/

Dead link.

Last edited:
I've been interested in getting some sort of upgraded security for my car, because I don't know what I'd do it it was stolen :eek:

Not done much research into trackers yet, but I presume the standard system requires you to pay a subscription fee each month? So far that's what is putting me off.

Back