Technical Track rod ends, whicjh ones

Currently reading:
Technical Track rod ends, whicjh ones

About 5 and a half inches.

Make sure there are no defects in the treads of the new rod and wire brush the rack end if it needs it.

It doesnt need to be screwed all the way in.

Probably best to fit it as best you can if you are sure its the right part and drive very carefully to a garage and get an alignment done.

yeh that sounds about right length of the ones i have,

i turned the steering fully right then fully left and counted the turns, halfed it to find the middle then fitted the ends loose and fitted to hubs, that when i thought they was too short because i lined up the wheels straight pout the ends in hole and seemed not alot of thread in the ends.

well maybe i expected alot of thread to go in the ends.....when ready i will fit them and get them lined up at garage as you say.

kevin

Going to fit the ends tomorrow...

so i will find the middle setting for the rack(fully turn left n right and get middle) and will put the ends on and count the turns till the wheels look some what straight( i have a long piece of wood so will use that to line the front wheels with rear) and will report back.

cheers

kevin

right, the ends go on with 5 turns to line up with the holes on stantion.

BUT........i just checked them with the old ones and not quite the same, the thread for the lock nut on rod end is shorter than the old one, also the smooth round bit that goes into the hole on stantion is shorter as well as been slightly thinner.......so its of to local motor factors with old one to see if i can get a set......

anyone know the proper part number for these.

thanks

kevin

Last edited:
Didn't realise you were going to take the part number to FIAT dealer! I can give you pricing if you need it. Basically, nothing for a Panda from FIAT is good value any more. It's an old car and FIAT's part prices have shot up in recent years.

well i just thought i would get the price from them to see.

did get some off ebay a while ago but not a tight fit in to stantion hence i need to go to a shop with old one and check before i but, if i get some more of ebay i may have the same problem again.

cheers

kevin

Order from your local motor factors...then you can check if it's the right type. Alot of the shops on eBay are motor factors anyway...

Well, my brother in law came over and we re-assesed the situation( er i mean he told me i was a numpty) becaus the nut on end went tight and it still flopped about, thats until i got the mindy gun on it and got past the plastic lock nut thingy on the nut, torqued it up and hey ho, its in tight......

good start to the year me thinks....................NOT.

kevin

Back