Tow Bar on a Bravo

Currently reading:
Tow Bar on a Bravo

M

Mark

Hi

Just looking for people's thoughts on whether my 1.6 Bravo (1999), could handle a tow bar on it?

Would it pull a 2/3 berth caravan?

Thanks alot!

Hi, I haven't bought the caravan yet. Just scoping for feasability at the mo.

I take it there will be a maximum weight then? or I'll be restricted to light weight ones?

Just looking to keep the Bravo, instead of having to sell it and buy something bigger.

Cheers.

Old caravaner's rule of thumb, (that's still sound advice) says that the trailer, (whatever it is) should'nt weigh more than 75% of the towcar's kerbweight - no matter what the car's handbook might say otherwise - which means a max of about 800Kg in your case.

the handbook gives all towing weights braked and unbraked.

If you have a small 2 berth caravan you will be ok but to be honest i wouldnt be going far, if it is 3 berth i would get rid and get something a little heavier with a better engine.

I have a 2 berth caravan and use a Pug 307 (5dr) 2.0 HDI 136 to tow it and it does it perfectly, the bravo will do it but my got it is a struggle as the car is so light.

Hope this helps dude

Hi

Cheers for all the responses.

I reckon we are looking at a 4 berth, and a decent amount of belongings stuffed into it, so will be looking for something heavier as suggested.

Thanks again.