Technical Torque setting for 4 bolts drum to crossmember?

Currently reading:
Technical Torque setting for 4 bolts drum to crossmember?

Can anyone help with this? Unable to find in Haynes Manual or through search on this forum.

Torque setting for the 4 bolts securing drum backplate or stub axle to crossmember. GP 1.4 8v.

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Can anyone help with this? Unable to find in Haynes Manual or through search on this forum.

Torque setting for the 4 bolts securing drum backplate or stub axle to crossmember. GP 1.4 8v.

Would be greatly appreciated, thanks.Nothing in the Haynes Panda book. I would say that these do not need to be very tight and would say 20 - 25 Nm would be plenty.. On our SeatLeon I am pretty sure it was less than this, although those were tiny bolts. The danger is over doing it! DO up till just firm and then nip up 1/8 of a turn.

Cheers Panda Nut. Hmm I think 25nm is a bit light. The bolts are M12s 18mm socket!! Holding the entire drum to the crossmember. Still can't find torque spec, so I decided to punch mark 2 of the bolts, on the flange and surface just above, took them out, cleaned threads, refitted and 90nm gets the marks lined up on both bolts. Think that's probably about right, unless anyone else knows better??

Fiat used thread lock, so will do that as well.

Back