Top day today - Photoshoot

Currently reading:
Top day today - Photoshoot

O

Ozric-Al

Just thought I'd post a couple of pics from a top day at Bruntingthorpe Aerodrome. Been down there for a few pics and a run round the track for an upcoming feature in Auto-Italia magazine.
Had a great time and it's good to know the old girl can still cut it, getting up to 130mph down the main straight! Lush. :)
Thanks to Nige and Wimmy for nominating the old girl when contacted and I would guess for sowing the seed for the idea of an article. nice one bruvvas! ;)
Anyway, just a couple of teaser pics: -

ozric.jpg

"Doctor said to give up Keee-Babs. I said 'No, no-no'"
cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Nice work fella. Always knew Shabash would make it one day. Makes all the years of blood, sweet and scraped knuckles worth it.

some good pics mate,glad you had a top day :)

Mike

mikey_sig2.jpg

A Fiat Marea in a Bravo Shell..its good to be different ;)
next to do..tensioners..

Yup, that 145 looks lovely!!! Plus it's NOT PINK!!!!!

Nice standard Bravo..... well almost ;)

Lucky Shabash!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Thanks guys. Was a top day even if it did start off with me rubbing down the front bumper's bump strips to spray them due to some shoddy spray work. :(
As for the 145, did look good from a distance but it's had some serious spray work put into it and was nowhere near as good condition as Shabash! even with the dodgey spray work. However, it looks as though it's got the right owner now and I would expect it to be up to scratch very soon. Was nice hooning it around the track together and I have to say the performance is really close, albeit the Alfa has had some engine work and I was lugging half a ton of boot build around. ;)

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page
OI! Road safety nutters!! George Orwell ment '1984' to be a warning, NOT a template!

Nice pics Al, 2 beautiful cars, only the Italians could do it!

Half a ton? Surely thats only the weight of the MDF! 2 subs and a 6 ch amp would make it a ton I reckon :)

"Thought they'd have used a decent bravo eh ?"

Well unfortunately they asked Oz for my number and he deliberately gave them his other mobile, so they thought Daisy was comming along, but when Oz turned up with Shabash they couldn't do anything about it!!

So Oz, what was the major issue the day before the shoot????

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Well you both know as well as I do that she's the right car for the job. :)
As for the issues, had been intending to have some spray work done for a while now to improve the colour match for the rear bumper and to get rid of all the stone chipping on the front one so sorted out some paint and a sprayer to get her done ready for the shoot.
Unfortunately, he's turned out to be a complete cowboy and due to not masking up or preppring correctly and prepping bits that were not supposed to be painted I had the following issues to sort out: -
  1. Overspray on headlamps, mesh in front bumper, engine bay, tyres, wheels, mudflaps;
  2. Front bumper bump strips had been flatted but not sprayed;
  3. Some stone chips have not been flatted back prior to painting;
  4. Runs in paint on front bumper;
  5. Missed spots on front bumper so incomplete coverage;
  6. Number plates fitted to soon and have caused issues with paint when fitted;
  7. Bumpers sprayed on car therefore incomplete paint coverage on front bumper.
Suffice to say he has not been paid and she's going back soon to discuss what we are going to do.
A bit of elbow grease and Mer is slowly sorting most of the overspray and I was in the garage at 6am on Tuesday flatting back the bump strips for painting and just about got them dry in time to leave for the shoot.
The colour match is fairly close but still no cigar (let's face it she's gonna have to have a full respray to get that right) but it's closer than it was.
Ho hum, I'm just gonna have to sell the Alfa and bring her back into daily use so I can justify ploughing some money int her. :(

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

oh bummer.... it's so hard to know where to go & who to trust when it comes to paining.

Paul R uses a guy near him, but i've only seen a full re-spray, so can't comment on his other work.

I get to use Daisy EVERYDAY now, and i must say, i love her!!!

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

To be honest mate, it's not as though we won't be able to recover it to a decent level and I'm planning to have a full spray as soon as funds allow so a bit of a tidy up should do the trick but we'll see.

ozric.jpg

cheers.gif

My Members Page

Yer shabash is the right car for the job! when i get to see her again?

Though i migghtn't be at all shows in the future as i now have a mini so i'll be spending a lot of time working on that haha!

sig20.jpg

Well Daisy is going to be taken off the road at the end of this month and then a list of all the bits that need sorting will be done.

We know the plastics have faded and the rear bumper has two bulges... plus the rear quarter is as smooth as a bears arse!

I think a full re-spray would be great, but then will everyday use turn it back to how it is now???

Still if I keep saving, in 10years time I could have it re-sprayed again and so on....

So I need to find a very cheap diesel run around for the winter months..... anyone got a Bravo JTD for sale????

style5,TommyK.png

plate-2.jpg

Congrats on teh shoot mate, and I know how fussy you are with the old girl, so to have a sub standard job done after the effort you would have put into finding a decent guy cant have gone down to well!

Shes still looking top drawer though mate, so good on ya!

Hopefully will be sorting a few bits and pieces on Growly in the next few months (along with getting a house with garage (well i need to do a proper strip down and full rebuild), and if she ever comes close I will be a happy man!

Gah! If I'd known you were heading up this way I'd have popped down.

I used to work at Bruntingthorpe and I'm still pally with the security guys on the gate so getting in is no probs and it's 5 mins away from me.

Looking forward to seeing it in the mag ;)

http://www.geogreeting.com/view.html?zes3Jepv+vO3jHJy+!8mAXb+OD

RIP Bodge, 28/11/1996 - Sept 2008