General Tom Tom Update

Currently reading:
General Tom Tom Update

Hi All

When I bought my Tipo I found a link on here to update the Tom Tom for free, is that link still available and does it have the latest updates?

If so I'd appreciate being sign-posted to it.

Thanks!

I wrote about this on another thread, see below:

If it's an older Blue & Me type I also did a 'howto' for the 500 (in the 500 guides section) though with the TomTom GoLive 1000, if it's using Blue & Me it's best to leave well alone - the update breaks the connection to the vehicle (sometimes a Blue & Me update fixes it, sometimes not) and sometimes renders the TomTom near-useless by causing it to reboot at inopportune times, forget how to turn itself off, forget how to use the sim for live updates, etc and TomTom support can't help with that.

https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/m...ith-an-abarth-or-other-non-tomtom-500.491416/

Last edited:
When I enquired, You need to go to a Fiat dealer and part with £199 for a 2 year subscription.

When I enquired, You need to go to a Fiat dealer and part with £199 for a 2 year subscription.
That's crazy money, you can get a Tom Tom from Argos with "Lifetime traffic & Lifetime map updates" for £149.99, and that obviously includes the actual device.
Not to mention google's free offering on your phone.

It's free to update your maps during the 3 year warranty period. I've successfully updated mine. The link and the process I followed are in the thread I posted in my earlier message above.

Back