General Tipo Uconnect 5 maps update

Currently reading:
General Tipo Uconnect 5 maps update

black13

My Mopar Map care subscrition expired. Could somebody help me how to buy updated maps to Uconnect 5 navi. I tried everything - mopar web site, tomtom web site, contacted local dealer and service, fiat customer care but all my attempts failed. My location is Slovakia.
Thank you for any advice.

I've downloaded the maps update from the Mopar website. It says it takes 1 hour to install, which I was a bit surprised to hear!

Has anyone tried this? Did it actually take an hour to update?

Also, can you drive whilst this is being updated, because the car needs to be on and the radio switched on.

Would appreciate hearing about the experience of others.

Thanks

I've downloaded the maps update from the Mopar website. It says it takes 1 hour to install, which I was a bit surprised to hear!

Has anyone tried this? Did it actually take an hour to update?

Also, can you drive whilst this is being updated, because the car needs to be on and the radio switched on.

Would appreciate hearing about the experience of others.

Thanks

Mine took over an hour with the 5inch unit the 7" is faster I've been told
And yes you can still drive the car with it updating and the radio will play in the background

You can also set the raido to go off 20 mins after turning the key and just keep nipping out every 15 mins or so and put the key in and turn the car on and off while it updates

Thanks for your reply, I've got the 7 inch unit, so hopefully it will be shorter than an hour. It's great to know it can update whilst driving, so I'll save the update for a long journey. Thanks again, that's really helpful.

I downloaded from:

https://maps.mopar.eu/en/home

Your car needs to be within the warranty period for it to work.

If it is, you need to register with your VIN in order to download, if there is an update available.

Just updating on this, I've now managed to update my maps successfully to the most recent version (Sept 2021) from the Mopar website.

I had a few issues in getting this to work and what worked for me eventually was the process below:

1. I used a 64GB USB stick (minimum requirement is 32GB even though the files are much smaller in size)
2. Format USB stick to ex-FAT
3. Download all map files AND the licence
4. Copy the actual map files and licence file straight onto the USB, using no folders (I think there were 5 or 6 files in total)
5. Start the car and then turn on the radio
6. If you have a reversing camera, make sure you are ready to drive forwards and don't need to reverse, as this seemed to interrupt the update on my car
7. Insert the USB stick into the port
8. Wait a few seconds and then go into the Nav option on your screen
9. The system then recognises the update software on the USB and asks you if you'd like to proceed
10. Mine took about 80 mins to update (I have the 7 inch screen on my Tipo) so make sure you have a long drive planned
11. At the end I received a message to say the update was successful

Hope this helps others that want to update their map software.

Mine took over an hour with the 5inch unit the 7" is faster I've been told And yes you can still drive the car with it updating and the radio will play in the background You can also set the raido to go off 20 mins after turning the key and just keep nipping out every 15 mins or so and put the key in and turn the car on and off while it updates

Thanks a lot. It works!

Back