Technical tipo ignition problem...

Currently reading:
Technical tipo ignition problem...

tipotastic

Hello,
I have a tipo formula 1.4 (1990). Whenever it rains, or theres heavy moisture levels, the car wont start [:(!] The starter turns over just fine, but no spark getting to the plugs. I've replaced the plugs, the HT leads, and the distributor cap, and sprayed wd40 everywhere. Something hates the wet weather but i'm stumped !
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks

Where's the ECU on the Tipo? Could damp be getting in there? Worth a thought.

Cheers John

891466.jpg

Just joined this forum to see who runs a Tipo like my daughter's. I really want the tyre pressures as she has lost her manual, but I saw this posting. She has had the same problem. An RAC guy suggested the plugs were too cold. The local Fiat dealer said their is only one type of plug for them. So, having had the RAC out 3 times during the winter, and having had everything changed as you did, I bought a set of Champion EON plugs, since when all has been well.
Cheers

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tipotastic
Hello,
I have a tipo formula 1.4 (1990). Whenever it rains, or theres heavy moisture levels, the car wont start [:(!] The starter turns over just fine, but no spark getting to the plugs. I've replaced the plugs, the HT leads, and the distributor cap, and sprayed wd40 everywhere. Something hates the wet weather but i'm stumped !
Any ideas appreciated.
Thanks
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

danielle's car

Hello,
Thanks for the info. I have however had the problem solved for some time. I sprayed half a can of WD40 over the engine in the hope it would do the job, and sure enough the car fires up 1st time every time !
as for tyre pressures, my haynes manual quotes 29 front 28 rear (normal load) , 29 front 32 rear (full load).
viva tipo

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by brannoc
Just joined this forum to see who runs a Tipo like my daughter's. I really want the tyre pressures as she has lost her manual, but I saw this posting. She has had the same problem. An RAC guy suggested the plugs were too cold. The local Fiat dealer said their is only one type of plug for them. So, having had the RAC out 3 times during the winter, and having had everything changed as you did, I bought a set of Champion EON plugs, since when all has been well.
Cheers

<blockquote id="quote"> face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by tipotastic

danielle's car

The ECU is behind the passenger side headlight - if you're going to faff with it, it is a good idea to replace the thin pipework going to it, it makes the world of difference as the rubber perishes and causes performance to drop off :(

Hellraiser.........>

Back