Technical Tipo door speakers...

Currently reading:
Technical Tipo door speakers...

stokhemc

As I found out that the front speakers weren't sufficient for loud noise, I replaced them with some Pioneer TS-H467's; these give some good quality sound, compared to the price.

But, when you want some decent sound, these speakers are insufficient. I therefore decided to use the front speakers for my parrot CK3100 and put better quality speakers into my doors and rear parcel shelf (got myself the custom shelf from Phonocar for 20€).

In the shelf are some Pioneer TS-E6996-ers and in the front will be the Pioneer TS-E176c-set. The only thing is, these must be placed in the door. I'm now making a custom MDF-doorboard and will keep you updated with some pictures and comment about it.

Audio system will consist of:
Headunit: Pioneer DEH-P7000UB
Frontpanel: Pioneer TS-H467 (for the carkit)
Front doors: Pioneer TS-E176c
Parcel shelf: Pioneer TS-E6996
Under the passenger's seat: Pioneer TS-WX11a

That's about it for the Tipo-ICE, it'll all be non-amped for the time being, but I'll let you know if it will be needed.(y)

way back I made mdf door pockets and speaker pods. But when I stripped the car there is actualy a proper cut out in the door for a 5inch speaker, using some rivet nuts I could have made a much better speaker mount. This was 3 door.

Rich

way back I made mdf door pockets and speaker pods. But when I stripped the car there is actualy a proper cut out in the door for a 5inch speaker, using some rivet nuts I could have made a much better speaker mount. This was 3 door.

Rich

I've seen the spacings for the speakers, but didn't want to use them. I've managed to get myself some exactly the same door panels, so if it fails, I will always have a backup for the panels. Don't know if a 3-door Tipo has other panels; I have a 5-door.

First photo's will follow very soon

Back