Time to design an mdf floor for the cento!

Currently reading:
Time to design an mdf floor for the cento!

cinqysxmk2 said:
That would be a good idea, however the Sub/amps usually have just a couple of RCA connectors so are easily removed. What we need is a connector similar which allows you to dis/connect 8AWG power cable as quickly

we have an answer for that too :D there is also a version of speakon called powercon! its designed to do the same job as a speakon but for power. the only thing is we use it on 240 volts up to 20 amps so i dont know if they could deal with the high currents which an amp draws off the battery! however if someone out there knows something bout electrics they could work out the resistances and see if the connector can take the current without melting. or just try it! but dont take my word for it that it will work! cause as i said before i had never thought of using them before!

I'm not worried about getting the amp out, as that'll be hard mounted to either the wheel arch area or the floor, it's just the sub. speakon's are a bit on the big side tho
I'll prob use some banana plugs to connect to a terminal, coz then it'll be easy to remove

Jon+Em

Back