Tuning Throttle Body - Boreing

Currently reading:
Tuning Throttle Body - Boreing

Hey. I've recently been checking out boreing out throttle bodies to 40mm.
I have heard that the gains are noticable and could even get you 10% more bhp?!
I found out through searching that GSR used to produce them but discontinued them.
eBay has none for the 40mm TB
How much would this usually cost to have it bored out and a new butterfly?
Has anyone had any experience before using a 40mm TB on their SPI 1.2 8v
I'm also thinking of getting a 866 75 camshaft.

Dan

im sure there's some stuff on here about a throttle body thats modded by a chap in holland or something, tricker throttle body? and there's some stuff about modding a punto 75 throttle body, youll have to comb throught the seicento section..
be aware i fitted a p75 camshaft to my punto and it caused some issues on my mot, the car wouldnt hold a fast idle. the revs just kept climbing and when you took your foot off the pedal it dropped lots.

Tricker modified TB to 40mm, they were bored and sleeved, with a new butterfly. A very nice job, but I think he's not doing them anymore, so maybe an add in classifieds might reveal one.

There are alternatives using 36mm TB from, I think a Peugeot.

Cheers

SPD

im sure there's some stuff on here about a throttle body thats modded by a chap in holland or something, tricker throttle body? and there's some stuff about modding a punto 75 throttle body, youll have to comb throught the seicento section..
be aware i fitted a p75 camshaft to my punto and it caused some issues on my mot, the car wouldnt hold a fast idle. the revs just kept climbing and when you took your foot off the pedal it dropped lots.

As RC said, Tricker (who's Danish btw) does/did do the 40mm TBs based on the standard 30/32mm SPi TBs.

The 38mm P75 TB will fit the SPi, but it will need machining; it's been covered before.

PSA 36mm TBs e.g. Citroen ZX 1.4 will fit but needs adaption.

And you're the only person I've heard of to have problems fitting a 866 cam.

Last edited:
ive been considering getting my throttle body on my mk2b 1.2 8v bored out to 40mm this is on a mpi. i enquired about it when i got my exhaust done in market rasen last year but never followed it up. they are called custom performance, they are a powerflow exhaust branch but also do other tuning etc. im going to enquirea bout this with them and get a rough price on it.

And you're the only person I've heard of to have problems fitting a 866 cam.
i would like to add to my earlier post that i have been a goon, my punto nearly failed it's MoT test on emissions, it wouldnt hold a fast idle.
My mate...the mechanic doing it told me it was because of my cam, i thought a bit about it but not that much i just thought it was plausable.
So in order to pass the MoT i had to jack it up and run in gear. it managed to maintain a regular rev pattern doing this... i thought a bit more at this point thinking it was weird how under load it was fine. but again was put down to the cam.
I have since been looking into it on here and more so after reading that no-one has had problems and discovered that it is to do with the mk2 ecu!
so all in all, i would definately reccommend that you get yourself a p75 cam!

Back