This years winter tyre Insurance list

Currently reading:
This years winter tyre Insurance list

I was just thinking today about ordering some new winters, my snowtracs are well and truly goosed :)

Be careful with this if you put on different wheels. E.g. I'm with QuoteMeHappy.com (Aviva's online only offering). They are happy with winter tyres but I'd have to get their OK to switch to steel rims.

"At Quotemehappy.com, we’ll let you change your tyres to winter tyres as long as the new tyres are the same profile and size as the tyres that are currently fitted to your car

For example if you have steel wheels currently fitted, then you can change the tyres to winter tyres. But you can’t change the wheel to an alloy wheel."

So if I took off the 17" alloys with 195 45 R17 tyres and put on 16" steelies with 195 50 R16 tyres that would be a modification which would need to be declared.

Last edited:
Be careful with this if you put on different wheels. E.g. I'm with QuoteMeHappy.com (Aviva's online only offering). They are happy with winter tyres but I'd have to get their OK to switch to steel rims.

"At Quotemehappy.com, we’ll let you change your tyres to winter tyres as long as the new tyres are the same profile and size as the tyres that are currently fitted to your car

For example if you have steel wheels currently fitted, then you can change the tyres to winter tyres. But you can’t change the wheel to an alloy wheel."

So if I took off the 17" alloys with 195 45 R17 tyres and put on 16" steelies with 195 50 R16 tyres that would be a modification which would need to be declared.

I bet if someone else emails the it'll be a completly different answer.

Ask if its the same type steel vs steel in different size where there issue is if both listed in the cars handbook.

Be careful with this if you put on different wheels ...

Dear Sir

Re: Breach of Contract
I regret we’re unable to meet your claim for the loss of your rims, tyres & gold plated calipers - as simply they’re at some variation from the items that both parties agreed on when entering into the contract, & we’ve no record of you requesting a variation to that contract.
Welcome to planet Earth & have a nice day.

Regards
Your Insurer

Oh what a b*gger!

Back