The Work Virus

Currently reading:
The Work Virus

imported_James Bone

The Work Virus

There's a new virus going around. The code name for it is
WORK.

If you receive WORK from your colleagues, your boss, via e-mail, or from anyone else, do not touch WORK under any circumstances. This virus wipes out your private life completely.If you should happen to come in contact with this virus, take two friends and go straight to the nearest bar. Order drinks, and after three rounds, you will find that WORK has been completely deleted from your brain.
Forward this virus warning immediately to at least five friends.
Should you realize you do not have five friends, this means you are already infected by this virus and WORK already controls your whole life.
If this is the case, go to the bar and stay until you make at least five friends. Then retry. I think I have five friends, but am not entirely positive so I'm headed for the bar anyway. Never hurts to be safe!

:D :D :D Good one reminds me of something similar:

Dear Technical Support
I am having trouble with my software. 18 months ago, I upgraded to GirlFriend 98 from DrinkingMates 3.1, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run GirlFriend 98 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, GirlFriend 98 is incompatible with several Other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.2, Football NT, and Playboy 95. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper ME, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 98 and Girlfriend ME at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other, they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancee 2000, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife XP.

While Wife XP tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with Cleanhouse2003. Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife XP could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife XP's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife XP also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail Filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop'03 and WhingeXP. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is.

Additional problems are that Wife XP needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShopBrowser for new attachments and HairstyleExpress which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Wife XP also spawns unwelcome child'04 processes that drain my resources. These conflict with some of the new games I wanted to try out, warning me that they are an illegal operation. Also, when Wife XP attaches itself to my Car98 hard drive, it often crashes. Wife XP also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2003, but there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife XP detects Mistress 2003, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself. Any ideas?

Back