The Last Tommy

Currently reading:
The Last Tommy

im sorry but again id have to agree with about 80% of what of sumplugs saying...for 2 years i worked in a childrens play area...so i know EVERYTHING there is to know about hyperactive and un-disciplined children...

where i disagree is that it might not JUST be the schools they are not getting the discipline...it starts at home with the parents...my parents r pretty strict, my dad was in the paras n my mum comes from a tough background with very tough brothers n mum...thats rubbed off onto me...

but the thing is they aint THAT strict...i know what i can n cant get away with, especially at this age now but im talkin about a younger age too...

Just Rich said:
im sorry but again id have to agree with about 80% of what of sumplugs saying...for 2 years i worked in a childrens play area...so i know EVERYTHING there is to know about hyperactive and un-disciplined children...

where i disagree is that it might not JUST be the schools they are not getting the discipline...it starts at home with the parents...my parents r pretty strict, my dad was in the paras n my mum comes from a tough background with very tough brothers n mum...thats rubbed off onto me...

but the thing is they aint THAT strict...i know what i can n cant get away with, especially at this age now but im talkin about a younger age too...
very true rich.strictness is being firm but fair.we are all born with a blank mind.what is put into that mind by the childs surroundings at an early time,builds the foundations of thats childs behavior.it starts at home with the child learning from its parents.thats one problem there.one parent families.marriage has no meaning today.many children are born out of wedlock and then just become a burden.we need to get back to moral ways of living again.the 10 commandments are a v/good starting point.
btw rich,i was only winding you up about rap music.you got a little tender which on here fuels the snide comments.only done in jest.iam a good guy really.honest!!:)

sumplug said:
btw rich,i was only winding you up about rap music.you got a little tender which on here fuels the snide comments.only done in jest.iam a good guy really.honest!!:)

ahh forgotten, i was a little touchy that day, normally i'd have laughed and got on with things!

sumplug said:
we are all born with a blank mind.

thats part of this belief ive got...were all born with blank minds so we can grow up and be whatever we want to be if we put our minds to it...:)

ive gotta mention the 10commandments...being the swearing loud youth i am...i personally think not very many people would agree, thats why less than half the country go to church, but i do agree it would make the country better morally and socially...

you know one thing im sick of? people walking down the street and givin u bad looks...whats the point? y cant we jst walk down th street with a smile on our face and say hi to every1 we meet..

Just Rich said:
ahh forgotten, i was a little touchy that day, normally i'd have laughed and got on with things!

thats part of this belief ive got...were all born with blank minds so we can grow up and be whatever we want to be if we put our minds to it...:)

ive gotta mention the 10commandments...being the swearing loud youth i am...i personally think not very many people would agree, thats why less than half the country go to church, but i do agree it would make the country better morally and socially...

you know one thing im sick of? people walking down the street and givin u bad looks...whats the point? y cant we jst walk down th street with a smile on our face and say hi to every1 we meet..
its the city people who do it most.nobody trusts anyone.its such a rat race,nobody has time to stop and chat.there no community spirit.and of course you have the knob heads with the hoods up who think they are ten men.but usually 9 are dead and one is ill:) shifty bastards out to screw you and the system.once you could leave your door open,not now.
in the country,its different.local community spirit is high,no chavs,no real crime.people stop and chat.my cousins live in kent.its like a different country down there.everybody is so nice and pleasent.amazing contrast to where i live:(
try leaving the swearing out and be polite.see what happens:)

I can understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but your statement Sumplug, that I am wrong is simply wrong :D In your opinion it may be wrong, but not ALL kids need to be smacked or caned. My little boy who is 6 now, fights back the tears if I raise my voice to him for doing something naughty, he also respects other people and understands about hurting other peoples feelings. I have brought him up with good morals, especially as he's a boy and if some teacher were to cane him I would have something to say to that teacher believe me. He don't need to be slapped to be controlled. So it all comes down to parents IMO. It's the same with all my kids but more highlighted with him.

Now if I shouted at him ALL the time, then it would eventually have no effect on him, and the same goes for consistant smacking. A good sit down and a proper talk to kids from an early age is all they need, then if they do something bad they know they have done it and will be upset purely from the fact that they know they will be dissapointing other people.

Think about it. Most of the kids that are bad, come from homes where parents beat them just for talking out of line. You see them on the streets whacking the crap out of some poor kids arse just for crying because they wanted a sweet, when all was needed was a quiet word telling them they can have one later if they are good. Smacking cures nothing, it causes resentment and makes kids violent.
You hear these people saying, "in my day they would have got a smack round the ear and they would never talk back to me" etc. Who's to say that's not to blame for the way things have turned out now eh ;)

I feel sorry for teachers but it ALL comes down to bad parenting IMO and a common lack of respect for other people.

oh ok i didnt know KoArAnG was a dad....that is true...voilence only creates more voilence and its a huge revolution, just carrys on going and going, and yea id be pretty pissed if some teacher smacked my child...

i do think that discipline is needed somewhere tho, in the right balance...

oh and kent seems like a pretty kool place then...a place in england where there isnt chavs??? seems impossible, gona have 2 see that for myself.

KoArAnG said:
I can understand what you are saying and where you are coming from, but your statement Sumplug, that I am wrong is simply wrong :D In your opinion it may be wrong, but not ALL kids need to be smacked or caned. My little boy who is 6 now, fights back the tears if I raise my voice to him for doing something naughty, he also respects other people and understands about hurting other peoples feelings. I have brought him up with good morals, especially as he's a boy and if some teacher were to cane him I would have something to say to that teacher believe me. He don't need to be slapped to be controlled. So it all comes down to parents IMO. It's the same with all my kids but more highlighted with him.

Now if I shouted at him ALL the time, then it would eventually have no effect on him, and the same goes for consistant smacking. A good sit down and a proper talk to kids from an early age is all they need, then if they do something bad they know they have done it and will be upset purely from the fact that they know they will be dissapointing other people.

Think about it. Most of the kids that are bad, come from homes where parents beat them just for talking out of line. You see them on the streets whacking the crap out of some poor kids arse just for crying because they wanted a sweet, when all was needed was a quiet word telling them they can have one later if they are good. Smacking cures nothing, it causes resentment and makes kids violent.
You hear these people saying, "in my day they would have got a smack round the ear and they would never talk back to me" etc. Who's to say that's not to blame for the way things have turned out now eh ;)

I feel sorry for teachers but it ALL comes down to bad parenting IMO and a common lack of respect for other people.
yes you are right to a degree,but it stems down to the childs makeup.recently ,2 children[15yrs] who were out of control at school,were sent to a private school.within a month,they were knuckling down to work and were happy children.why and how? they were disciplined infront of everybody and publically caned.this had the effect of breaking there ways.caning is a last resort.not all children will ever see it.the difference with abused children,is they will always need councilling whatever.iam talking about children who might behave ok outside school,but inside are a nuisence.they just like showing off.the cane is only a discipline tool.correctly used,its very good tool.:)

personally i think kids these days(god listen to me i sound dead old!) aren't told enough about respect and aren't told enough about the critical issues of the world...they have no real contact with those kinds of issues until their atleast 16-18, i think its important to teach kids not only your mandatory english, maths, science, geography etc...but life in general, yeah life is one long educational walk but atleast we could give them a head start.

afterall...they are our future.

sumplug said:
yes you are right to a degree,but it stems down to the childs makeup.recently ,2 children[15yrs] who were out of control at school,were sent to a private school.within a month,they were knuckling down to work and were happy children.why and how? they were disciplined infront of everybody and publically caned.this had the effect of breaking there ways.caning is a last resort.not all children will ever see it.the difference with abused children,is they will always need councilling whatever.iam talking about children who might behave ok outside school,but inside are a nuisence.they just like showing off.the cane is only a discipline tool.correctly used,its very good tool.:)
Yes I'd agree with that (y) In the right places and in the right hands it would benefit some of the kids. Hell i'd like to smack some of the little buggers myself :D

The other day, a kid of about 5 was talking to my daughter of 2 and he was telling her he hated her and he was gonna smack her :eek: All she was doing was playing on her own, minding her own business, and he would not get out of her face. I told him to leave her alone and he said "I'll kick you"... :eek:

I said, " oh you're a little charmer ain't you, is your mum or dad around"

He pointed out his mother and I went up to her and said, "nice kid you have there missus, I bet you can't wait till he's older and taking chunks out your shins whenever he feels like it, get him under control now before it's too late"

She was gobsmacked, but I don't give a toss what she thought, I'll protect my kids from potential bullies and look a tw*t to anyone if it helps them :D

does anyone else think that it might be a decent idea if the public made all important decisions? yeah we vote in who we think should be priminister...but all you ever hear is people complaining about whoevers at number 10...wouldn't it make things better if we, the people, decided what we did with money, as were the ones who affected most

Just Rich said:
does anyone else think that it might be a decent idea if the public made all important decisions? yeah we vote in who we think should be priminister...but all you ever hear is people complaining about whoevers at number 10...wouldn't it make things better if we, the people, decided what we did with money, as were the ones who affected most
not the public,but people expert in there fields.education,health,local councils[there a law to themselves],police,public service etc could be run by the right and not political people.each one would have to answer to a public committee.we could get rid of the EEC membership where billions is wasted,and use the savings where its needed,get rid of gatso cameras,and put police bobbies back on the beat.sort out the prisons,and get the community back.god,theres a lot to sort out.what a mess.:(

yup, i agree with all of that...gatso's = tax...pure and simple, im sick of hearing people say they save lives...pssh doctors save lives...and if we carry on the way were goin we'll have them on strike next.

Back