The key code light and fuel injector light stays on

Currently reading:
The key code light and fuel injector light stays on

nena_k

I have bought a fiat brava (1.4 12v 1996) 3 months ago. The previos owner of my car installed alarm and the remote locking system in it. He gave me 2 keys and master key.
I really like the car :) and I hadn’t had any problems until....
Battery from the remote controller went off. I changed the battery, but the car couldn’t start. I switched off the alarm, and then it started. The following day I turned on the alarm and all was working properly, except the sound signal of the alarm didn’t working. A few times the car started normally. But at once he couldn’t. I switched off the alarm, and then it started properly. Later I switched the alarm on and the car started normally for some time. The the fourth day I started the car normally for the few times.
I turned it off and tried to start it after 10-15min and it couldn’t start. The key code light and fuel injector light stayed on. I can’t start the car with none of my two keys. I can only start it when I input the electronic code from my code card. Then the car starts properly and works properly. But the key code light and fuel injector light stays on all the time.
I went to Fiat service, they told me they can only change the computer, which costs a fortune. They are not of any help. They said it could be because of the alarm, but it mustn't.
Can someone help me, please? What should I try to do and in which order? Change the keys and code system or what? Remove the alarm away from the car? I’m quite desperate. :mad:
I would be very grateful

Hi, I am also having this problem.

I am currently working on the Immobiliser to see what can be done to cut it out.

As far as I can see it has, a QUAD NAND with SCMIT TRIGGERS chip, a MM106.00C IC, one of these should provide a way into the system :p

But at the moment i feel like :bang:

Oh, BTW, you can get the ECU and code box changed...

But as you can guess, this will cost a small fortune.

Back