General The Jump from Punto JTD to Stilo Abarth ;)

Currently reading:
General The Jump from Punto JTD to Stilo Abarth ;)

Mines a black one and yes they look great when clean!

I have to say Italian cars are the only ones that can pull yellow off and look good too, KoArAng's Vitality Blue looks great tho.

Hi! Thanks for your comments and suggestions.

A couple of points. Firstly, I think I will need to learn out to clean a car properly. I mean full wax, polish to give it that showroom shine every week. At the moment, I opt for the easy option and just give my Punto the local Jet Wash treatment, which does keep it clean. Inside, I hoover everything and polish the interior (dash, doors) and it brings everything up to a nice sparkling shine. Could do so much more better.

After hearing the exhaust from the other "thread" it got me thinking. I was at work, daydreaming (only for a second!) :eek: And wondered why the Abarth is never advertised on TV. I know they had a Stilo ad, at launch which was quite good. Stomp style with four people "fiddling" (in a clean sense) with all the controls! ;) But then again, if they did major marketing for the Abarth, too many other people would want to buy into our dream.

Yes, I look forward to sharing my experiences when I get the Stilo. I have waited two years to join this forum. Think this is the ideal time to learn from fellow owners and start building myself up for the big day in June. Also want to make some friends and find out which meets I will be able to get to in the summer.

Yellow - can't see me driving a yellow car.
Silver - I know the Stilo looks great in silver (or techno grey) but I want the car to stand out, just a little bit more and I've had a silver car. So would like a change. ;)

You want one that stands out a bit and cleans up like no other.. then get red or morano blue.. The blue one in the pic is the older sprint blue but morano is not much different, just a shade darker when you see them in the flesh.

henkjan1.jpg

timo3.jpg

Looks like it is going to be blue then! ;)

Thanks for all your comments. Glad I've met such a nice bunch of Stilo Abarth owners ;) Just a few months before I join your proud club!

For all those who do prefer the red one, you have to take into account that the blue one has no side skirts and the wheels are the ordinary silver and not the smoked ones..

Its weird how the specs of the abarth change depending on what country you buy it.. If I was Fiat, it would come with all the best stuff on it no matter what country its sold in.:confused:

Sprint/Murano, good choice (y)

Good point about those two pics Koa, the details really help the red one, plus it is a better pic, the car is cathing the light nicely.

I have Sprint, and I have to say it doesn't photograph as good as it actually looks in the metal.

James M said:
I have Sprint, and I have to say it doesn't photograph as good as it actually looks in the metal.

Thats the trick James... only real way to get feel for a colour is to see it in real life... sad bummer is that dealers dont have stilos available in all colours to view!

Teg.. goto local dealers on a good weather wise day ( not that the we get great weather tho ) and see what they have in stock... new/second hand doesnt matter as it will give you idea on what the colours acutally look like and with the second hand ones you get and idea on how the colours fair up to every day usage ( scratches etc ).

Good luck on getting the car PLUS haggle as from talking to dealers last week and in this weeks press the car market is damm slow at present so with new reg's due in less than a month look for price cuts..... dunno if it was my dealers or a Fiat national offer but they are offering zero vat on cars saving a few 1000 on new... plus no doubt you could get a few options thrown in free.

Freelancer said:
Good luck on getting the car PLUS haggle as from talking to dealers last week and in this weeks press the car market is damm slow at present so with new reg's due in less than a month look for price cuts..... dunno if it was my dealers or a Fiat national offer but they are offering zero vat on cars saving a few 1000 on new... plus no doubt you could get a few options thrown in free.

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated. Not looking to buy until June, so will see what I can haggle then! ;) Will be going for a test drive around late April, early May to get a feel for the car again ;)

Teg

A good way to haggle is spec up the car using internet sites [there are so many now - Jamjar, drivethedeal, coast2coast, etc, etc], get all the print-outs, then go to the dealer.

See what deal they come up with, then get out the printouts - worked with the Ulysse - a £1200 initial discount turned into £3500 once they knew I was about to walk out ;)

try www.dixonmotors.co.uk

They are owned by bank of scotland and supply the cars for JamJar, so you can save a bit more by cutting out the middle man!

I paid 12500 for my car (including options), but waited 16 weeks for the car to be built by the factory!

Paul

The good thing is though, if you can get your dealer to order the car and time it so you have the money when the car comes into the dealer... that way you won't have to wait any longer than is necessary for the car... you just leave a deposit like £1000 and they will order it in.. My mum got her car on finance and completed the papers to make sure it would go through when the car arrived... then she just signed when they got the car in...

Thanks for all the advice. I'll see what I can get in terms of a deal.
I will need Finance but as this is my second Fiat from the same dealership I should be in for a good "loyalty" discount. They know I can easily walk out the door and order something online.

Teg

Back