Technical The Great 4x4 Tyre Experiment

Currently reading:
Technical The Great 4x4 Tyre Experiment

Some more thoughts for you all.
The roads here are wetter now, even without a shower of rain, as condensation dampens them.
I just love flooring the throttle on the 4x4 as I launch out of a junction on a damp road. The front tyres spin just a little before the 4WD kicks in, then the little car just launches itself into the traffic. Meanwhile, the big, gas-guzzling 4x4's driven by the blond trophy-wives trundle around getting in the way of all and sundry.
When I win the lottery, and I will, mark my words, I won't buy a Ferrari, just a 100HP in white to use only on bone-dry, dust-free days in Summer.

A further update.
After around 1500 miles the Hankooks are performing well and wearing much more evenly than the Bridgestones did. I was up too late for yesterday's snow unfortunately so can't comment on that element of performance.

A further update on the Hankooks that have covered 3000 miles now including some nasty snow and ice earlier in the year with which they coped well.
They are wearing well and evenly, especially on the front wheels. Much better than the now discontinued Bridgestones.
Getting a bit expensive now due to the plummeting pound. I see someone else on the forum is looking at fitting Vredestein Quatrac 2's which now cost about the same and seem to be a good M+S tyre.

Back