The Dam thing won't start.....Arghhhhhhhhh....

Currently reading:
The Dam thing won't start.....Arghhhhhhhhh....

Johno933

Day 3 of ownership and the wee thing has me pulling my hair out already.

Thought i would do a little work on car after work. Put new battery in removed a couple of loose heat sheilds, started the car,it ran fine for a couple of mins then died....Turning over fine, commpression is fine, but no spark from either coil...The battery i put in was a type 063 not the standard 202. it is only a slightly higher rating so the not convinced it has burnt out the coil pack, (but could be wrong). Will be checking and replacing the crankshaft sensor tommorow.

Now as i am not familiar with this engine is there any other sensor that would stop the spark? and where is it?

Or just pure coincidence that the pack failed and i am just getting annoyed over nothing..

I have a few spare packs here you could swap over but seems weird if both packs are dead maybe immobiliser has kicked in ??

Lets hope it is not immobiliser, that could be expensive and only got blue key (belive it is the red thats coded). Fingers crossed it is just the crankshaft sensor....Yeh, very wierd that both coils have gone. Will Have an answer the morrow, drop the bairn off at grannys, then get the tools out.

is the fuel pump priming on position one?? if so its not the imob.

and £12 you can get a chip to de-code them so its never going to be expensive mate!

im having its the crank sensor or tdc sensor for short. it sends the signal for the spark so if both coils arnt workign im saying that (presuming fuel pump primes).

oh and as for the keys, yours are all coded. but the red is the master. but after 1998 all keys got code system two (has a two next to the logo on the key) these can be read and copied from the blue keys and fiat didnt issue red keys with them.

i did think the crank aswell but didnt know if that was linked directly to the coils :)

but yeah go on fiatforum and i think its gazzaman that does an immob disable chip ive got one in mine and done need to worry about the immob anymore :D
im sure i have a spare crank aswell :D

Shes Alive........Crank shaft sensor wires were butchered....sorted now, bonnet replaced....am a happy man once again....MOT on tuesday fingers crossed....Woop Woop

Clock34 said:
is the fuel pump priming on position one?? if so its not the imob.

and £12 you can get a chip to de-code them so its never going to be expensive mate!

im having its the crank sensor or tdc sensor for short. it sends the signal for the spark so if both coils arnt workign im saying that (presuming fuel pump primes).

The chip is only for SPI and i believe this is a MPI?

TDC controls spark directly.... well done matey happy motoring :) .

Now Now boys, no fighting....I did suspect the crankshaft sensor myself, but cheers for the input fellas, sure there will be planty more questions firing your way soon......

P.S...what great fecking weather for in informal Fiat Scotland Mini meet, that happened In Inverkeithing...LOL...Shoes still full of water

Johno933 said:
Now Now boys, no fighting....I did suspect the crankshaft sensor myself, but cheers for the input fellas, sure there will be planty more questions firing your way soon......

P.S...what great fecking weather for in informal Fiat Scotland Mini meet, that happened In Inverkeithing...LOL...Shoes still full of water

i'm still drying out :p

was good running into ya again mate :)

ha and what a bloody goo looking today is so far :D if i wasnt so far away id be down to inverekeithing again today but we did manage to get that exhaust of that cinq :D

Back