The 1st smashed Bugatti Veyron!

Currently reading:
The 1st smashed Bugatti Veyron!

Copied from page;

"We’ve seen plenty of smashed Ferrari Enzos but this is the first time we’ve across images of a wrecked Bugatti Veyron. Information is sketchy, but it’s thought that a pool of water on the road caused the AWD supercar to lose traction and then spin out of control, sending it head first into a ditch on a road near Shepperton in the UK. Most of the cabin section and engine compartment look relatively undamaged, however, it’s hard to determine what internal damage to the drivetrain there is if any. Hopefully the driver got out unscathed.

According to the source, this is the first time a private customer has actually crashed a Veyron. Engineers reportedly destroyed two prototype examples during testing, which was part of the reason for the long delays during the vehicle’s development."

veyron_smash01_main.jpg

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/supercars/bugatti-veyron-smash/

If this is the road I think it is (goes past the old pumping station,) then it's a 40 limit. This damage is quite consistent with a head on at 80 which would be a completey legal closing speed. You should also remember that "exotics" with their huge amounts of tyre on the road do tend to "float" quite badly on surface water where a normal cars narrower treads would cut through it. Clearly joining a forum and reading this in a thread is a more cost effective way of finding this out than driving through a puddle.

ahh that damage is minimal, he ought to get himself on ebay and get some of the parts from Hong Kong, get it fixed up in no time :D

Driver was hiring it for £20k/day and was doing 100 mph at the time according to report. He has been reported for prosecution for driving without due care and attention.

Yep, all the reports say that he was driving like a c*ck. Shame he injured someone else rather than his stupid self.
I wouldn't necessarily believe that myself, not into reasons why other than lets say i'm in the paper becasue of a crash recently and it tells lies, big ones..

i wonder if they ahve determined which radiator is leaking as a result.

it would probably be cheaper to hack that to bits and sell it as ornaments. use the W block as a table, convert seats, dashboard into a wall clock etc. they are so rare they could make a fortune! lol

i think the fact that it doen't look that damaged probably means it will come worse of internally as something has to absorb all the energy and certainlly aint the body work.

I wouldn't necessarily believe that myself, not into reasons why other than lets say i'm in the paper becasue of a crash recently and it tells lies, big ones..
exactly, when did a headline, "sensible man driving beige 4 door family saloon crashes within speed limit" sell any papers? I have seen some 100 MPH crashes, the wreckage looks more like that from an aircraft.

Back