General The 15" or 16" Debate

Currently reading:
General The 15" or 16" Debate

Ahmett as usual driving like an idiot :) Fastest way to drive a FWD car is ..... well.... it's not like that.....

Thats trademark maxi trying to ruin the party. Maxi i was driving for fun i wasnt trying to win the rally stage of the hills of istanbul!

Why would anyone not spec 16" alloys on a new 500 that comes fitted with standard 15" is beyond me , at the time my wife ordered her 500c it was around £160/75 for the upgrade to 16" . Don't get me wrong the 15" alloys do suit the car but the 16" ones really do look the bees knees . The ride is acceptable and the economy still excellent . Obviously when it comes to tyre prices there's a difference but it's worth it in my opinion . When people comment on the car they always say how good the wheels look .

Mark

I agree that the 16" upgrade is good value, we went for the 15" two-tone sports upgrade (£120.00). Having run 16's on our previous 500, I prefer the 15's for ride, steering feel and they're definitely less prone to kerbing. Whilst the 16's (particularly the 5 O-spokes) look great in the showroom, nothing looks worse than a badly kerbed set of wheels on low profile tyres. (n)

Ahmett as usual driving like an idiot :) Fastest way to drive a FWD car is ..... well.... it's not like that.....

There's fast.....and then there's laugh out loud fun.

Get your arse away from the Welsh Riviera and come to the Nurburgring with us in 2 weeks. You need to be reminded of how much fun a 500 can be when you slide it around the ring.

Ahmett, come along as well. It'll be a huge laugh. I'll make it more enticing. You can both have a couple of laps in my 500 with the bilsteins, quaife and carbon kevlar race seat and harness fitted. Whoever is slowest gets to wear a white t shirt with "I am <insert winners name here>'s bitch" for the rest of the weekend. :D

There's fast.....and then there's laugh out loud fun.

Get your arse away from the Welsh Riviera and come to the Nurburgring with us in 2 weeks. You need to be reminded of how much fun a 500 can be when you slide it around the ring.

Ahmett, come along as well. It'll be a huge laugh. I'll make it more enticing. You can both have a couple of laps in my 500 with the bilsteins, quaife and carbon kevlar race seat and harness fitted. Whoever is slowest gets to wear a white t shirt with "I am <insert winners name here>'s bitch" for the rest of the weekend. :D

Jason, if only Greece was closer to the Nurburgring! = ( I am coming end of September to London though for the weekend, so if you want to show me around with your car i'll be happy to hop along shotgun and i can tell you how different it feels to my own 1.4.

Cool. Ping me the dates via PM. Catch up, go for a thrash and have a coffee?

Back