Thames Fiat Croydon...

Currently reading:
Thames Fiat Croydon...

I have mixed opinions against this dealer. I bought my 1st Fiat Bravo a couple years ago from them and the service was excellent and I felt very well looked after and the car I was sold never gave me any problems.

A few weeks ago I was driving by and I noticed they had 2 new Abarth models on show right out front the main door (Fiat 500 Abarth and a Grande Punto Abarth Esse Esse). I have always thought about owning an Abarth so quickly pulled up and headed to the sales desk.

The 1st sales person I spoke too had no idea what an Abarth was and had to call the manager. I asked the manager if it would be possible to take the Abarth for a test drive and they said I couldn't yet as they wasn't sure why they had the cars out front as they belong to the Slough branch. Anyway after trying to get an explanation out of them for a few minutes asking them why they had 2 cars out front with for sale signs on them but couldn't actually sell them I left in a sad state with a promise from them that someone would phone me in the next day or to arrange a quick test drive.

Over a week later and I never heard anything from them so I assumed they had sold the cars or something. I drove past there the other day and the 2 cars were still outside and the price had even gone down on both of them so I pulled up again and went to the sales desk. I explained what happened last time and that I would still like a test drive. Nobody working sales that day knew whether or not they could be test driven or even if they were for sale :confused:

1 of the sales team went off to phone the manager and came back with the insurance form for a test drive. I filled it in and they photocopied my driving license and I gave them my key for my Bravo... the guy went off and came back 5 minutes later saying a test drive wouldn't be possible because of something to do with them not being covered by insurance. I could' t believe I had wasted another 30-45 minutes of my time. Before leavign I asked if I could buy the car today and they said yes it is for but there is no way to take the car for a test drive. I would have to go all the way to Slough to test drive a similar car and then come back and but that 1 without ever driving it :confused:

I left never to return lol

Back