500 Text Reader no longer working

Currently reading:
500 Text Reader no longer working

swb22

Hi
I bought a Fiat 500 Lounge a few months ago and have an iPhone 6 linked by bluetooth. I recently upgraded the iOS on the phone from 11.2 to 11.2.5 and since then, the text reader no longer works in the car. My husband's phone, which is still running 11.2, works fine.
The car has the uConnect 5 system.
Has anyone else had this issue and if so, has anyone found a solution?
I have tried posting on Apple's forum, but no one has responded. I wish I'd known this was going to happen and I wouldn't have bothered updating (well done Apple)!
Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome :)
It surprises me that an iPhone ever worked for you with the car reading text messages - I’ve never known that to work (either with Blue&Me in our 500 or with the uConnect in our other car) - both of ours will speak text messages that arrive to a paired Samsung phone, but never for my iPhone (5, 6, X, etc.) - I didn’t think Apple made the text message available over Bluetooth.

-Alex

It's very annoying to have something working and then taken away with an update, which is in theory meant to make improvements! My husband's iPhone is still able to use this feature as he's running iOS 11.2. Not very happy with Apple at present...

Back