Technical Tempra Clutch Master Cylinder

Currently reading:
Technical Tempra Clutch Master Cylinder

Charcam

Hello All. Have a leaking clutch master cylinder just under the clutch pedal in my Tempra 1.6. Managed to buy an original part to replace it. Can anybody help me to tell me if it dismantles from the pedal side (inside) or from the engine compartment as the workshop manual does not specify anything about this. Thanks for anyone who can help me.
Cheers
Charles

Hello All. Have a leaking clutch master cylinder just under the clutch pedal in my Tempra 1.6. Managed to buy an original part to replace it. Can anybody help me to tell me if it dismantles from the pedal side (inside) or from the engine compartment as the workshop manual does not specify anything about this. Thanks for anyone who can help me.
Cheers
Charles

Basicaly both - You have to dis-assembly the pedal assembly to clear space to work in and disconnect the pedal from the cylinder, and you have to get to the other side in the engine bay to get to the pipes and if I remember, remove the old master cylinder.

Hello folks, I am also going to change my clutch master cylinder because it is leaking. There is little space to work in the engine bay to remove the pipes, but the big question is , is there any replacement to this master apart from that of the Tipo. Also is the petrol master the same as the diesel one. Any suggestions are highly appreciated. I think Ziomike is an expert on the Tempra so I like to thank him. But one last question.... how does the inner pipe come out??

Last edited:
Back