General Tempra 2.0slx Wagon owner swaps to Stilo multiwagon 1.9JTD Dynamic

Currently reading:
General Tempra 2.0slx Wagon owner swaps to Stilo multiwagon 1.9JTD Dynamic

Not sure how many other Fiat fans have made this swap, but I am wondering if my beloved Tempra was a better designed/built car after all. My new Stilos 5 years old/54K and I just had my 1st nasty shock, I had to get the rear suspension bushes replaced (axle out job @ £268 !). My Tempra's alloys are still immaculate, but the Stilo ones are peeling and already need a refurb. I also found no rear elecy windows, no headlight washers and my Stilo tailgate gate seems to be metal (not plastic like my Tempra wagon). My Stilo rattles when cold, but my Tempra never has. Other than an odd electric motor and a couple of wishbones its had very little spent on it

Stilo's nice to drive, with good power and very comfy seats, but I was not prepared for this common major rear suspension problem, So others watch out ! Cheap parts to fix (£37) but its axle out to fit them. Did'nt know the car was faulty and it only rattles when cold (another common problem) . My point is my Tempra Wagon 2.0SLX is actually a very good car indeed .

Back