Technical Tempra 2.0ie starting issues

Currently reading:
Technical Tempra 2.0ie starting issues

Hi folks!

My parents have had a 93 2.0ie SX SW from nearly new & she`s done a very low mileage & is still in nearly new condition. Among the problems that have developed in the last couple of years is a starting one.

I`ve serviced her from new but this staring problems got me...

The starter turns & turns but she doesnt even try to catch, then, all of a sudden, she does! it doesnt do it all the time, but when it does it can vary from 10 seconds to 2 minutes & it doesnt matter if she`s hot or cold.

There is fuel & spark, but she doesnt catch. Occasionally she does have fluctuating revs(& sometimes when driving causing a dangerous surge, although she hasnt done it when driving since I changed the TDC sensor). She also had a new idle speed regulator, cat & lambda which solved the idle for a while.

I have a feeling it might be age hardened & cracked engine bay wiring causing the starting issue(I have WDed most of the connectors), although it could possibly be a relay/thermostat switches/airflow meter/ECU etc... can anyone help?

My dad doesnt want to get rid of her after having her 15 years, but mum has given up!

Also if anyone has any of the following parts, please let me know as I might be inheriting her & if I do I`d like to get her minty again.

SW tailgate in original white (a 406 went into the back of her last year)
OSR door, again in bianco (mum did that on my car!)
Front wishbones
Front shock top mounts
Air flow meter
Digi dash assemby (its suddenly started only displaying KPH!)
tailgate central locking solonoid
Brake servo & master cylinder
Brake calipers/hoses
Any bushes/bearings/suspension components
& anything else you might have!

She`s a 93 late pre facelift (no ABS or airbag, grille with centre bar) in white with blue interior.

I have got a soft spot for her, mainly because I found it for my parents in the 1st place!

Many thanks.
:)

Back