Temperture gauge is not meeting the half way mark??Should I be concerned?

Currently reading:
Temperture gauge is not meeting the half way mark??Should I be concerned?

luckycharm

I recently bought myself a Fiat Palio 1.2 el. It only had one owner before me, and he had it for 3 years. All services are up-to-date. But only having owning the car for 3 weeks now, Iv'e now noticed that the temp gauge is not reaching the half way mark?? Is it something to be concerned about? It's only reaching to a 1/4 on the gauge. Please help!!!!

@jipo...Well we live in a city that has 4 seasons in one day, if you know what I mean!!! So the weather is kinda unpredictable, but it has been hot lately. Honestly, I haven't driven the car for more than 20mins long.

@jipo...Well we live in a city that has 4 seasons in one day, if you know what I mean!!! So the weather is kinda unpredictable, but it has been hot lately. Honestly, I haven't driven the car for more than 20mins long.

It takes me about 20 mins to get to college and it doesn't get up to half on the gauge. Try going for a longer drive and see if it goes up any furthey, if it doesn't it could be down to a faulty sensor.

Dom

It takes me about 20 mins to get to college and it doesn't get up to half on the gauge. Try going for a longer drive and see if it goes up any furthey, if it doesn't it could be down to a faulty sensor.

Dom

:yeahthat: take it for a longer drive and see what happens but ovb be carefull in case it does overheat

20mins isn't long enough - esp when its cold

IF after a good run - and it still is stuck low
Then it could be a Stuck open thermostat - so engine will take Donkeys ages to warm up properly

Or the Temperature sender is dying

Eitherway - Sort it now - as a cold running engine that stuck running cold = Lots of friction - Dead engine quickly :(

Ziggy

@dombooth, jip0 and ziggy : Thanks so much for answering my Q. Took it for a longer drive this morning. For about 40mins, the needle almost hit the 1/2-way mark! So guess i'm in the safe-zone for now!(y)

You guys :slayer:thanx!!

Last edited:
Back