General Temp gauge 1996 fiat ducato

Currently reading:
General Temp gauge 1996 fiat ducato

Dominic moho

Hi I'm having some trouble with the temp gauge on my motorhome it was working fine then seem to drop slightly lower than normal and then stopped completely... at first I thought it wound be the sensor screwed in the thermostat housing however if I link the 2 wires leaving the sensor I still get no response from the gauge which I thought would read full ...am I right in thinking this??? Or should u just buy a new sensor ??

Hi I'm having some trouble with the temp gauge on my motorhome it was working fine then seem to drop slightly lower than normal and then stopped completely... at first I thought it wound be the sensor screwed in the thermostat housing however if I link the 2 wires leaving the sensor I still get no response from the gauge which I thought would read full ...am I right in thinking this??? Or should u just buy a new sensor ??
Wrong sensor?
What engine series etc.?

I suspect that the temperature gauge sensor may be part of dual purose device.
The appropriate wiring diagram for my x244 Ducato shows a resistive element, in series with an open switch contact (thermostat).
This is a nonesense unless you postulate an earth connection at the common point. One of the connector contacts will be for the thermistor, and connecting to the gauge, and the other will be for the overtemperature do not use warning light.

Alan

Not wrong sensor as it was working fine
I meant as in another sensor in a different position on engine.:)
I have had several of those Sofim engines 2.5 and 2.8 in the past in Ivecos but so long ago I can't recall if another sensor, also Ducato uses different thermostat housing/mount to Iveco Daily's I believe.

Back