Tape to CD

Currently reading:
Tape to CD

Kolargol

Hi guys, I've just bought my Fiat Brava '97. I want to replace a tape radio with a cd. Can you tell me how to do it?Shall I ask for service in one of the Fiat dealers or go to the local garage?Is it expensive?I have no idea how to do it on my own. I'm from Dublin. Please help me. Thanks in advance. (y)

Hey there!!

Some people also buy the tape players that link up to a personal cd player!!

However get a headunit its miles better! (y)

dave said:
welcome to the forum :) lots of car audio shops do a free fitting service, on some modles

Went to Halfords last Sunday and they told me that they would fit a new Cd unit free, but I need to take care of removing tape unit first. That's why I asked coz got confused.

that shouldent be too hard to do. i dont own a brava i own(ed) a panda but it should be relitivley the same to my knowledge.

first ther might be some slots on the side of the radio you have to stick special removal pins in.if theres not there will most likley be a littl plastic rectangle round the radio. remove that pry the radio out with a screw driver or summingt then undo the connectors at the back ogf the radio.if there is no connectors go to the bonnet or the drivers foot wel where the fuses are and remove the hazard light fuse(i dont know if it will be the hazard light fuse.check ur manuel.) then go back to the radio and cut the wires and ure done.p.s keep ur fuse in a safe place u will need it later

Last edited:
Might be woth a post in the Bravo forum, I would assume its as simple as Removing the old one, fitting a facia and Fitting the new headunit, as I do not own or have never worked on a bravo I can not give exact details but I am sure someone there will be able to help :)

Back