Technical Talking to the ECU

Currently reading:
Technical Talking to the ECU

Cheeky-Cento

Been fidling about today and cheked my ECU with my mates fault reader, and was surprised to find a menu on the ECU that gives:

Inlet manifold Temp
Water Temp
MAP Pressure
RPM
Injector timing
Stepper motor value
Fuel / Air ratio

And a few others I can't remember.....

I was wondering if it would be possible to make some sort of LCD display that can be permanantly connected to the ECU to display this info.

I've got an idea on how to do it, but haven't got a clue as to the data format on the ECU diagnostics port......

Can anyone help?

Glen :confused:

Erm. I know how and what needs to be done.

Theres an absolute ton of information that can be obtained from the ECU with no massive difficulty.

Myself and arc will hopefully be working on a PC program at somepoint soon (when we get back to uni) that'll do it and display it onscreen.

Technically, theres little stopping you from porting the C program, writing the appropriate amendments and programming the revised program into something like a PIC that'll spit it all out on a LCD.

Is there any information that you can let me have? I'm having trouble sourcing stuff on the net.

I think it would be nice to have a 16x4 LCD with some relavent info.. Volts, Vac etc, mounted somewhere on the dash, wth a couple of buttons so you cold select the display......

Anyone else interested?

Glen

Erm...not atm, as I dont think I have a copy of the document I translated on this 'box.

I do have it, but its on my computer at my other house, and I won't be up there till early october.

IIRC theres a thread in either here or C+S\General called "OBD data" started by arc, the file may have been put up on that. Theres also another thread called "6F / 16F ECU diagnostics" (I think) which is the bulk of the discussion...Get searching and ye shall be rewarded!!!

Back