General taking out cassete unit..help!!

Currently reading:
General taking out cassete unit..help!!

ju63r

i want to take out my cassette unit..how do i do this..any body no????

Take a wire coat hanger and cut the two looped ends off so you have about 8" of wire in a 'U' shape. Insert the two points of the 'U' into the two small holes on both sides of the cassette unit and push home unitil they unlock the catches that keep it in the dashboard. Then pull to withdraw.

Take a wire coat hanger and cut the two looped ends off so you have about 8" of wire in a 'U' shape. Insert the two points of the 'U' into the two small holes on both sides of the cassette unit and push home unitil they unlock the catches that keep it in the dashboard. Then pull to withdraw.

I just pulled mine out on the red stilo, i didnt need and hangers or anything. But had to be a little rough with it and a bit of wriggling left to right.

Above definatley works if caveman style fails :p (y)

I just pulled mine out on the red stilo, i didnt need and hangers or anything. But had to be a little rough with it and a bit of wriggling left to right.

Caveman style worked for me aswell (several years ago). I used a cement trowel to start with, so I could get a grasp with my fingers. Very theft-secure install... eh!

stick coat hanger/wire/bike spokes in till they sort of click
stick 2 fingers in the tape deck (1 for me an those wit big hands) simply pull.
do the same on the other side...couple of secs and then unplug the iso block

thanks for the advice..coat hangers worked for me..come out piece of cake.. thanxz

I used two rexel jumbo paperclips. One type you can buy have little bobbles on the ends that engage with the release mechanism of the tape unit. This helped keep the release wires in place while you pull the tape/CD unit out.

haha i couldnt find my cement trowel when i did mine

erm... cavemen had cement trowels?... hold on cavemen had cars???

Fred Flintstone lived in Bedrock in the Stone-age. I guess he had several cement trowels. Hmmm... well, cement only goes back to the Romans if I remember my history.

Well, at least Fred did have a car. :D

Back