General Taking her in to DTR next week

Currently reading:
General Taking her in to DTR next week

Collected the car today - great service from DTR, quality workmanship, very knowledgeable and good negotiated price.

Re; fuel smell. Apparently if you clean the hoses out and replace the clips only - that should sort the smell - thats what DTR did to mine to cure this. It's a seats and rear bulkhead out job though.

Vale of White Horse-20121009-00473.jpg

new hood.jpg

Old hood v new hood (probably looks more red in the pic than it really is).
Very pleased with DTR.

That really does look good - top job!

Wouldn't yours have had a red roof originally anyway? It really sets off the red leather interior.

Must start saving up!

My B is a 'Bitsa' - bits of this and bits of that!
I only bought her last month, but originally she's a 1997 import with a cloth interior that the last owner (8 years) swapped over for a Riviera interior with rear subwoofer. A farmer in Suffolk had one that he was breaking apparently. It has an airbag so no glovebox (probably all part of the Riviera make-over) and even has the electric mirrors switch but no electric mirrors(!) which confused me when I bought it as I assumed these worked and therefore made it a UK model - didn't ask the vendor until I got it home and later received the V5 - lesson there!.
The wheels are Fiat Punto Sporting 15" alloys that were /are (still buy them on eBay) optional extras and I suppose look a bit like turbines...?
So whilst it isn't totally original, it's all Fiat and I love it - got it for a good price too.
Can anyone tell me what model it would be though - originally an import with cloth interior and has front fogs and steering wheel adjustment as standard. Something I thought were standard on UK models? - Thanks.

Back