Technical T-Jet turbo refurb?

Currently reading:
Technical T-Jet turbo refurb?

Craig830

Hi all

I am still struggling with a cloud of oil out of the exhaust every now and again, and high oil consumption.

Also intermittent loss of performance, much like a huge drop in boost, particularly when hot.

While changing the coolant pipe that runs under the manifold i had the cat off and checked the turbo for oil (found very little, cold side only), and play (no in or out, but quite a bit of side to side) The exhaust does however spit out quite a lot of soot.

My question is, does this sound like turbo wear, and if so has anyone any recommendations on a reputable refurb place?

Craig

T-jet
1. check the oil separator,,,will cause the same thing you're experiencing.
2. some side to side play is fine
3. you can easily get a cheap balanced CHRA for the t-jet 140-180euro.
4. if you can use MES to graph the wastegate solenoid, engine rpm, throttle possition%, car speed, manifold pressure, post back...we can take a look, we might get an idea on the following :
5. cracked exhaust manifold
6. cracked turbo hot side

Deffo oil seperator,had the same problem and checked all previously mentioned and changed the the turbo core for a new one.
The only thing left was the oil seperator.
Does the puff of smoke happen more after engine braking

Well its a brand new one from shop4parts.

Removed it and checked it, and it doesn't always seal off on the seperator to inlet manifold valve.

Time for a phonecall

Well they need to send it back to Fiat to check it before they will issue a replacement.

Or i can just buy a new one!

Think i may look elsewhere, and not buy from there again!

Back