Styling Sun shades

Currently reading:
Styling Sun shades

Looking for comments from all you guys who have fitted the sun blinds which are supposedly tailor made.
I bought a set off ebay & spent the weekend pratting aropund trying to fit them. despite being 'tailored' to fit the windows, my understanding was that these things were a nice snug fit to the glass. The two squares fill the back window without problem, it's the side windows that are a PITA.
HPIM1218.JPG

As you can see, they are too big to fit snugly to the glass - when I tried, they simply popped out, taking the adhesive pad with it (you can see with the door shade).
The instructions weren't overly clear but I assumed the clips went top and bottom rather than sides & the shade isn't supposed to be wedged inside the plastic trim?

I had those on my last dobbie before it was squished, they are designed for the pre-face lift model, which didn't have as much pastic around the rear windows. I just levered off the plastic trim, popped the shades in and pushed the plastic back home. Fitted perfick and didn't have to bother with those sticky plastic bits on the back two windows. Almost the same on the slidey doors... Lever off the bottom plastic trim to tuck the bottom edge behind, then use the sticky plastic bits on the sides to keep it close to the glass.

I loved the shades - in the subsequent accident my dobbie was involved in, despite every rear windor being shattered, not a shard of glass made it inside the vehicle! They don't list that as a benefit on the website!

Just wish they did these for the New Dobbie!!!

Best of luck,

Jon.

i have a 2005 model is that the pre face-lift ?? so will these shades fit mine snugly and is it easy to do ?

Back