Suicide Knobs Illegal/Legal?

Currently reading:
Suicide Knobs Illegal/Legal?

Im just wondering weather or not Suicide Knobs that attach to your steering wheel are they illegal or legal in the UK, I know that they was originally made for HGV's and none power steering vehicles, My punto does not have power steering so im wanting to know if there illegal or not before i go and buy one.

Thanks.

Im used to driving it lol if an 7-8 stone girl can drive it then im sure i can. i just dont know if its a myth or not but i got told the suicide knobs are for better cornering as you are able to turn the wheel alot quicker..
That's a load of bull. For one you don't have control of the wheel with both hands when turning. If your going round a corner and your hand slips off that, you're pretty much dead. Guess that's why they call them suicide knobs

You have less control of the vehicle. they should only be used on boats, forklifts etc

yah i think your rite i used to drive the folklift at work that had one on it, as for less control yeah i think it would skid the car far more easy with one on and cause it to over steer

i originally seen this on fleabay and wanted it lol

here

just another one of them crazy ideas of mine haha

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i can give you one of a forklift for free but only if you post the pictures or your car stoved through a house wall afterwards :D

and tbh it doesnt make the steering easier for non powersteering cars infact probably harder as there is less leverage to turn the wheel, they only work well on forklifts because they have full hydraulic powersteering with no mechanical connection so are very light steering and they are only there so the driver can go from lock to lock in seconds for manouverability reasons

Last edited:
I didn't know they were called suicide knobs.

Could the reason for their name be what happens when your head hits it in a crash?

bit like the woman who had to get my mum to release her handbrake for her today :rolleyes:

noticed how on forklifts/boats that there is space at the side to move your arms to :confused:

They are legal as disabled people use them and take their test using them. Some disabled girl used to come through the drive thru when i worked at Mc D's. I can still remember her finger nails now :yuck: They were really reallt thick and discoloured but she still grew them long. Why would you do that.

They are legal as disabled people use them and take their test using them. Some disabled girl used to come through the drive thru when i worked at Mc D's. I can still remember her finger nails now :yuck: They were really reallt thick and discoloured but she still grew them long. Why would you do that.
Perhaps she couldn't cut them?

I cant cut mine on my right hand. I snapped my left arm and they couldnt put it back straight without cutting me open or using pins. People who have diabetes cut there own toe nails. There are ways around it.

i think they are only legal as a disability modification, not for able bodied people

Back