Sub and Amp problems.

Currently reading:
Sub and Amp problems.

Werner

I have a mutant 12" sub with a mutant amp fitted in my punto, but today I just lost all my base:mad: , This has happened once before, but corrected itself.
On inspection, I found that my sub was not giving anything out. I checked all connections but found no problem. (All wires were in and connected to the back of the head unit (JVC), and the amp was earthed, but noticed that on the side of the amp there was a red LED that was glowing with "Power protection" written above it.

I have earthed the amp underneath the back seats of my MK1, where there is a metal plate with some screws.
I have not yet checked the fuse that runs to the battery, as it was pouring down with rain, but have no reason to suspect that that have blown.
Anyone have any idea, please let me know.
System has been working fine for about 6months.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Werner

I have a mutant 12" sub with a mutant amp fitted in my punto, but today I just lost all my base:mad: , This has happened once before, but corrected itself.
On inspection, I found that my sub was not giving anything out. I checked all connections but found no problem. (All wires were in and connected to the back of the head unit (JVC), and the amp was earthed, but noticed that on the side of the amp there was a red LED that was glowing with "Power protection" written above it.

I have earthed the amp underneath the back seats of my MK1, where there is a metal plate with some screws.
I have not yet checked the fuse that runs to the battery, as it was pouring down with rain, but have no reason to suspect that that have blown.
Anyone have any idea, please let me know.
System has been working fine for about 6months.

Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks
Werner

Get a multimeter and check the voltage going into the amp, that at the Earth and 12V.

My guess is the earth is a tad dodgey.

It could be earth related, but Mutant are known for letting go out of the blue :(

I have a mutant 12" sub with a mutant amp .......
I have earthed the amp underneath the back seats of my MK1, where there is ......
Werner

I have mutant and its all good in my car. Lift up the carpet in the boot and you should see a screw with other wires attatched to it. Use this as an earth rather than under the seat its way better.(y)

Thanks for advice, I have fixed now, and yes it was a bad earth point I used, have moved it to better location and works fine now.
Thanks

Back