Technical Strange 'ticking' noise on breaking - any ideas?

Currently reading:
Technical Strange 'ticking' noise on breaking - any ideas?

Car flattened its nearly new battery over the w/e. Probabaly no connection, but since then I've noticed that two 'ticks' or 'clicks' (rather like a relay activating) are heard from the front passenger footwell area every time the brakes are applied.

Any ideas what this could be? Can't see anything electrical in the footwell area. Could it be the fuel cut-off switch clicking? Or an airbag activator? Or maybe the noise is coming in from the relays in the engine compartment? I'm stumped...

The ABS stuff is in the engine bay . . . dunno if a click sound would travel through the bulkhead padding??

Phil, there's no real electrics on the passenger side. All you have are the airbag, dash connector, airbag switch and heater controls . . . nothing that would be caused by the brake pedals going, and certainly no relays.

Is it definitely a relay click? If it's a bangy/clicky noise, it could be the brake bar moving; infamous fault! Best thing to do is poke your head down there, apply the brakes (this is with the engine running but the car stationary I might add!) and see if you can localise the noise.

Back