Technical Strange noise on JTD?

Currently reading:
Technical Strange noise on JTD?

Stilomeister

End of an era!
I've started to get a strange noise in the front passenger area on my JTD. Most noticable at about 60-70 mph when accelerating sounds like fluid going through a pipe, but does it sometimes at lower speeds. Its not as far forward the engine compartment I feel but does stop if you take your foot off the accelerator. Possibly coolant system? But dont have a schematic for piping, any ideas. Car has done 122,000. :confused:

Hi
just a guess air lock in the heater, does it still do it if you turn temp down to lo.

does it do it when your turbo spools up :confused:

mine did what sounds the same and it turned out to be the intercooler air hose... it gets warm and then as its quite low down.. if it suddenly gets cold can split... mine did it in floods twice
cost me around £80 to repair :rolleyes:

does it do it when your turbo spools up :confused:

mine did what sounds the same and it turned out to be the intercooler air hose... it gets warm and then as its quite low down.. if it suddenly gets cold can split... mine did it in floods twice
cost me around £80 to repair :rolleyes:

It sounds more like a liquid sound but worth checking.

I had same sort of problem with that type of noise under acceleration. The car would also smoke under acceleration. Turned out to be a split hose from the turbo. Changed and spot on.

Finally got the time to have a go at this, and turned out to be a loose bolt in the door, near the speaker ! Sounded so much like liquid and only did it on acceleration. This car never ceases to make me smile, keep threatening to change it, but I'd miss the challenge! :)

Back