Technical Stop start fiat 500x 1.4

Currently reading:
Technical Stop start fiat 500x 1.4

Scanny2

Fiat 500x 1.4 petrol stop start seems not to be working correctly, if I come to a stop the car will cut out , then when I’m about to pull off it starts then cuts out , I’ve tried disconnecting the battery incase it reset but still the same any ideas thanks

I don't think this will work but is worth a try.

By the battery sensor terminal is a two wire connector. Try disconnecting this. This normally resets the Start/Stop. What I can't recall is if you need to turn the ignition on/off after disconnecting and then reconnecting.

The fact that your Start/Stop operates but then dies probably points to something else.

The clutch pedal that is involved in the Start/Stop has TWO pedal position switches. One at the top of travel and one at the bottom of travel bot set to detect pedal movement from the up/down limits of pedal travel.

Ok thanks worth a try , is the 2 wire connected to the live terminal, or is it near it thanks

Think it is the -ve terminal. Between the battery -ve terminal and the clip on/off earth chassis lead is a current sensor (thick copper like looking piece) and to this is attached the sensor wire. It's purpose is to measure battery drain and charge to signal to the body computer the state of charge of the battery over time and the current (as now) current drain/load on the battery. From that info and other info the body computer decides if the complex start/stop conditions are OK to enable Start/Stop. The factors are quite complex, take into account cabin/external temperature, aircon setting, sunlight sensor info etc.

Is there a way I can figure out if that’s at fault or the the clutch sensor is at fault thanks

Cheers it sorted it out disconnected the cable it for a few minutes negative side of the battery and works fine now thanks

Back