Technical Stop light replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Stop light replacement

gazbat106

Hi Guys,

My Drivers side stop light has failed.

I've dug out the manual and my sockets and have removed the two bolts indicated in the manual. I can wiggle the light cluster but I can't seem to get it out.

From the pics in the manual there looks like there is an additional two locating pins on the side of the light cluster that fit into rubber grommets.

Is there a "knack" to getting it out?

:confused:

Maintain a 'pulling' force towards the rear of the car (keeping the light unit in the same orientation as it is fitted) and wiggle up and down. They can be quite tight. Don't try and lever from the front unless you have soft plastic tools else you'll scratch the paint and crack the light. Hope this helps.

The light cluster is in two parts - The stop/tail and indicators are in teh part of the light cluster that fits into the rear wing. There are two 10mm bolts which are accessible once the tailgate is open. If it was a reversing light or the third break light that was out, there is an access hatch in the tailgate or plastic trim that can be removed.

Thanks, I'll give it another go. Its one of those things that once you've done it once you never forget...

Crikey, every car I've had before has had a flap inside the boot. I suppose they're right out in the corners though.

Out of interest, did the dashboard display tell you the bulb had gone? I've only had a dipped beam go before and it didn't tell me, but I don't think it's supposed to check the dipped ones.

Yes you do have to remove the cluster and yes yellow warning light, in the shape of a bulb,shows on display

Back