General Stock Bravo ride height

Currently reading:
General Stock Bravo ride height

maniacbravo

I suspect that the bravo I bought has been lowered, looks like it anyway. The car is a bravo td 75 and the wheels are 195/50/R15. The front has a 30mm gap between the tyre and the arch and the rear ones have 45mm gap.

Is it actually lowered or are these the stock number? is it lowered just from the front or are the rear suspensions softer due to the possibility of carrying heavy loads on the rear of the car?

picture:

IMG_15511_zps15d97f8f.jpg

From that picture it does look lowered I think. Not by any excessive amount but I would say it is lower than standard.

Probs an easy way to check is have a look under the car and see if the springs are any other colour than black. Standard ones will be black (or rusty) from the factory. Anything aftermarket will usually be red or yellow, but not always the case. They'll usually have some branding on them though at least.

Nice to see you got another Bravo Manic, I trawled through my workshop manual and owners manual and found nothing, Found spring design parameters but not what you needed.

It looks lowered to me. Have you had a look at the springs and shocks it might be obvious. lowering springs are usually red

Its mt first and only bravo, and my first car, the colour just looks different due to colour correction :)

Looked at the springs yesterday, they are not rusty at all, just dirty, which is odd for a 15 year old car so they must've been swapped sometime.

The springs are all black with some hints of blue stripes kinda, dont really have much more info than that as its all that I managed to clean :p

Back