General Stilo Splitter

Currently reading:
General Stilo Splitter

Presumably the wee bit of black rubber under the front bumper?

Think I was quoted £38+VAT when I looked for a replacement, but not 100% certain..... it was a while ago :eek:

How does a new one fix to the bottom of the bumper?

My original one was held on with large staples, is the new one the same?

Dave.

The new one comes without any fastening at all.

If you check with ePer they show staples. I've also checked a Stilo I found at a parking lot (when my Stilo's front lip was torn apart I peeked under just to see, as I didn't understand the ePer...) and that one was stapled - then I understood the ePer. Didn't get it as I knew mine had screws.

So, mine was originally screwed up with self tappers and those at the ends had some metal clips on the inside of the bumper (instead of nuts) to tighten fully. You have to predrill the splitter / lip first, as it is a plastic mould around a thin piece of metal. Use size 4 or so and insert all screws (slightly bigger screws then) into the lip first, so they hang in place when you start screwing it onto the bumper. It will save you a lot of work.

M.

Last edited:
i dont see how all yours seem to be worse for wear lol, mine is still holding up well even after clonking a rabbit on the noggin.

Mine was in the state it is when I picked it up in 2006, with the car being 2 and a half years old. It's basically been ripped from the mountings slightly on the NS. Dunno how they did it though as I managed to rub it against a kerb when I was parking (one of the only disadvantages of having it lowered) and it withstood that perfectly okay. Looks fine though unless you get close to it, so has never really bothered me.

Changing to a Leon splitter will cost the same for me as getting the standard one. It is mostly aesthetics I'll be purchasing it for, but also I get the feeling it may actually be easier to fit. Of course me saying that has just jinxed it :rolleyes: :D

i dont see how all yours seem to be worse for wear lol, mine is still holding up well even after clonking a rabbit on the noggin.

Mine just looks like the car has been going up and down curbs (i sometime ground the front out on a bump at college).

just ordered from fiat £24.90 :)

What dealer?

You got part number?

I can assure you that they're not ;)

Two within the same dealer franchise are often very differently priced (n)

Hmmmm.... never come across that before, but then I have been using the same dealer for over 20 years. Their prices are always exactly the same as shown on the latest ePER. I thought all UK dealers used the same ePER as issued by Fiat.

Dave.

Hmmmm.... never come across that before, but then I have been using the same dealer for over 20 years. Their prices are always exactly the same as shown on the latest ePER. I thought all UK dealers used the same ePER as issued by Fiat.

Dave.

It seems to be that ePER is perhaps an RRP and dealers aroud hear sell things at what ever price suits them (n)

Back