stilo sound deadening

Currently reading:
stilo sound deadening

hi just a quick question on dynomat

any stilo drivers, 12ft sq of dynomat (£39) on its way, now im a bit unsure where the best place to fit it, i dont really want to rip the door apart and was wondering if its ok just to mount it behind the speakers on the inside door skin, or would i need to put it on the outside doorskin as well to notice any real difference.
also is it advisable to mount the new speakers on top of the mat then in the pods (cut out a circle) - i was thinking this would stop any vibrations being transmitted through to the pod.
i suppose i could sandwich the speakers so the door card grill also sits on dynomat.
any suggestions - i dont want to spend all day doing all four doors.
thanks
roy

Sorry i have been away this weekend and was Just going to reply to your PM. That amount of Dynamat will do the best part of sweet FA tbh. Can you cancell the order?

To do 4 doors your going to need around 2m2 with a total thickness of 4mm. Thats going to be mighty pricey with Dynamat considering its 2mm thick. The stuff i was talking about getting for you is 4mm thick. Its a minimum order of 3 sheets buy you could always put a bit in the boot to dampen the sub area. It will still be cheaper than the Dynamat.

Back