Technical Stilo side light bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo side light bulbs

its showing bulb failure because the LED is not putting the correct demand on the stilos electrical system, in this case the LED uses less power, like a blown bulb would, so stilo computer flags this up.

simpliest solution is put proper replacement bulbs in, the difficult solution is creating a system to trick the stilo into thinking the right draw is being used

I had exactly this problem when I replaced a defective rear brake light and fitted LED bulbs, much better light wise but got fed up of beeping and bulb failure lights on dash so just fitted some standard bulbs again.

LED bulbs in Stil just not worth the effort!

There are new bulbs available with built in resistors to fool the car into thinking its getting the correct load. Available via ebay or from here which is the ones i'm using: http://www.ultraleds.co.uk/501194t1....html?osCsid=01bf6885f0019f4b100f2eb071f09a62

I initially went for the brighter bulbs but they didnt have the built in resistors. They were so much brighter with a flood light style wide angle output, very bright and filled the reflectors well, but gave the dash warning. These only use one forward facing led but on the ebay ones, they use either 2 or 4 side facing leds. Your choice. Search for canbus led. (y)

If i remember, i'll get a pic of how they look tonight.

£12.99 hahahahahahahahaha! Get outta f***ing town! lol ;)

Rip off, you'd be as well living with the original bulbs! On ebay they only have sidelight bulbs too, the front lights are bright enough anyhoo, it was back bulbs I was interesting in upping the intensity.

But good find none the less CCM! ;)

i have LED sidelights fitted to my stilo, i get the bulb failure light on the dash, this doesnt bother me ... will using these LED bulbs upset the car ??

Back