Technical Stilo retrofit alarm problems

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo retrofit alarm problems

Re: Meta Alarm Programming

Ok, with this, the fogs don't have to be on, and by "ignition on" i mean to the stage where everything is working but the engine is not firing over! (the INT position).

I have just tried that again and still not working. Did anybody else tested this and had a positive result?

By key off (< 2 s), key on (< 1s), key off, do you mean: key off for less than 2 seconds, then key on for less than 1 second(1 second starting from lighting the screen or 1 second after the self tests are over?), than key off?
After this sequence is done there is no beep from the alarm.
Please confirm that I understood correctly the buttons used, by name, as in the following picture.

Also hoping that it will eventually work, did you find any info about what are the differences between those 7 modes?

Attachments

• Stilo_meta_alarm.JPG
    Stilo_meta_alarm.JPG
    26.1 KB · Views: 57

Yes it does work, as proved on my car . . .

I don't know if you've pointed to the rear fog light switch or the front.

Yes, by saying "<2secs" it means less than 2 seconds, ignore the check procedure, the easiest thing to do is turn it off-on-off (after turning the hazards on and holding the rear fog light switch) in a very quick sequence (i.e. as quick as you can) and this'll do it :).

Well, I did it :).
The button sequence was right, but my timing was too slow.
Now the key question: what is the difference between the 7 mods?
Is it a difference in the noise level, can I make the sensors more sensible, can it be made to start when I shake the car? :p

fiat accessory alarm

This weekend I will mostly be fitting the fiat accessory alarm. has anyone fitted one of these and what "surprises" will i come up against.

Can i also use the factory fitted interior movement sensors instead and will I need the fiat workshop CD?

Re: fiat accessory alarm

This weekend I will mostly be fitting the fiat accessory alarm. has anyone fitted one of these and what "surprises" will i come up against.

Can i also use the factory fitted interior movement sensors instead and will I need the fiat workshop CD?
Well, you'll have fun taking the scuttle cover off (to install siren) :D

You can't use any of the existing wiring (other than what the Meta control unit uses anyway) but how come you've already got movement sensors :confused:

Well, you'll have fun taking the scuttle cover off (to install siren) :D

You can't use any of the existing wiring (other than what the Meta control unit uses anyway) but how come you've already got movement sensors :confused:

I was hoping to modify the rooflight and see if the fiat ultrasonic sensors could be used for a nice neat job.

Yes; you could drill holes into the existing molding (you can see the locations in the corners if you look carefully) and install the META alarm sensors.

They're almost identical to the factory fit ones except they come with much longer cables. You'll need to route these around the windscreen because, as I said before, it's not possible to use the pre-installed wiring :bang:

i know you've had a bit of experience with the alarms argo, is the meta one any good?
Although I bought one, I never did fit it in the end. You don't get the anti-jack protection in the META which is the feature I really wanted but what really put me off in the end was the way to have hack into the existing wiring loom. I figured you get enough electrical problems as it is and with my Stilo being pretty much 100%, I wanted to keep it that way :slayer:

My Stilo (and I suspect a lot of others) is completely wired for the factory install but because it's effectively impossible to change the Body Computer then you can never get it to work. It's just crazy :bang:

To give an example: The plug for the siren is already in place (just taped up at the side in the scuttle) but when fitting the after market alarm you have lay a completely new cable run and ignore the existing wiring. Mine has even got the cable and socket installed for the bonnet catch sensor but yet again you can't use that and have to lay a completely new cable. Crazy :mad:

there must be a way argo, all that trouble of wiring cant be there for the fun of it. its not like fiat were throwing away money back then

I think the real answer is it would have cost them MORE to have had two looms instead of just the one (wired for everything) so they decided to only fit one loom.

The real cock-up, in my view, was NOT including the alarm node in every body computer ever fitted to a Stilo (but left deactivated). Just think of all the money they could have made by selling all the extra bits needed plus a hefty charge to activate the alarm with Examiner (a bit like paying to have your indicators flash).

They made a similar cock-up with the early Panda when customers discovered it's NOT possible to upgrade the Tape/Radios to CD/Radios purely due to the car's security system locking the new radio out :rolleyes:

meta alarm problems

hi got a dealer fitted, meta alarm (ian grants old one fitted free due to dead locks not working)causing flat battery within couple of days . checked under warranty but local dealer says its got to go back to where alarm was fitted,is this right?as its 40 miles away. over phone described as apparantly putting radiator fan on and draining battery,will now more when pick car up sat.car is coming up to last 4 months of warranty would anyone consider getting them to take the alarm off as ive searched and there seems to be a lot of problems with them?gonna pick up a digi clip on meter tommorow from maplins and see what current its drawing and if body clocks shutting down(ian had replaced under warranty when car was 4 months old,could this go twice?)

Re: meta alarm problems

The META alarm piggy backs onto the existing Stilo wiring loom which provides plenty of chances of picking up wiring errors (or even worse shorts :eek:). This is the exact reason I never fitted the one I bought :(

You can obviously only blame the installer for this.

only had one faulty meta system in 16-17 years odd (well faulty ultrasonic box) & no i'm not associated with them but have fitted hundreds of alarms.

are we saying here that the alarm is bringing the rad fan on?

tech wasnt there to explain will ring him on monday but over phone girl on desk said radio was staying on with ignition off(which it does i think on a timer but i hardly ever have on and have never left on)and also that the alarm fault was putting radiator fan on that would drain battery very quickly. i have had the alarm going off early morning days before it went flat but guessed it was battery dying setting off alarm.
my battery has no visable green orange red dot in it its just clear but am sure its been load tested as there are substantial scratches on terminal posts what should i see in window of battery.and is there a way to lock car without activating alarm?

Back