General Stilo Prices

Currently reading:
General Stilo Prices

Anyone reckon prices of new stilos will fall soon due it being killed off?

Went to a fiat dealer the other day and they were selling 1.4s new with skirts, colour coding and 17s on for £1 under £10k in that funny blue colour.

Sound good?

I paid £7k for a 03 @ 4 months old

Yep their tumbling... could have an 07 Plate 1.4 Sport (3dr) in Scooby Blue with 17' Abarth alloys for 7999 with free servicing as long as you own the car thrown in from local FIAT Dealer (y) Missus just reminded me that we havent even owned the JTD 6 months yet... 10K up though and in need of service, tyres & brakes :eek:

Hello

Can anyone source the cheapest brand new or pre-registered Stilo 1.9JTD Sport?

I've heard prices are tumbling but I can't find any cheap or discounted.

Cheers.

Theres a new one on ebay dont know if its still there tho :)

Interesting, just been in touch with FIAT, they have no new Stilos available on their national database, nor do they have any pre-registered models, the only Stilos they can now offer are used, strange, but that's what I've just been told.

Wierd!

Interesting, just been in touch with FIAT, they have no new Stilos available on their national database, nor do they have any pre-registered models, the only Stilos they can now offer are used, strange, but that's what I've just been told.
Well! That can only do one thing for used prices then! :woot:

I paid £10,600 for my brand new Stilo Mjet 150 Sporting, about 6 months ago. I thought that was pretty good at time, that included mats, 12mnths RFL and a full tank of diesel (y)

This saga of the Stilo reminds of the story of “The Emperor and his new clothes”.

Once more people wake up to the fact the Stilo's a great motor (with looks to match) and most of what's been written about it is crap then I can see prices going in a rather different direction to what many might have predicted :spin:

This saga of the Stilo reminds of the story of “The Emperor and his new clothes”.

Once more people wake up to the fact the Stilo's a great motor (with looks to match) and most of what's been written about it is crap then I can see prices going in a rather different direction to what many might have predicted :spin:

You WISH! ;) :p your just hoping your JTD will make more than £800 more than an equivalent petrol model as mooted in Parkers guide! lol

Cars loose value, its a fact of life...

You WISH! ;) :p your just hoping your JTD will make more than £800 more than an equivalent petrol model as mooted in Parkers guide! lol

Cars loose value, its a fact of life...
I'm not hoping anything - I've no intention of selling my JTD :p

You missed the point. How many cars do you know that only had a production run of 6 years. That's the unique fact that could push up prices - but then again I accept it could go the other way.

Argo, 5-6 years is the normal production life of any car, look at the Bravo/Bravo, launched 95/96, died 01.

The same theory works for most models and during the six year run they usually get a facelift/nosejob too.

I think my theory applies to most manufacturers, it must take approximately five years to research and develop and set up a production line for the new model.

Oh, and trust me, the price of your and my Stilo can only go one way, as with all Italian cars, that's South!
You misunderstand - I'm not suggesting it will literally go up in value

I'm just pointing out, due to reasons already mentioned, it may not devalue as fast as some people have suggested.

Very difficult to make money out of owning a car I grant you (although not actually impossible).

So your 02 car is prolly worth £3.5k... is that lower than you expected, higher or just right? lol! Considering 4 year ago it'll cost you £11k?
Bought it 2nd hand for a lot less than £11k (pretty sure the new price was higher than that although I don't know exactly what the first owner paid for it). It was the car I wanted (been searching over 5 mths) and TBH wasn't that bothered about the price I paid for it :slayer:

It's present value, perceived or otherwise, doesn't bother me at the moment as it's not for sale period. If I wanted another car then I could just go out this afternoon and buy one. The crunch is getting one I really wanted (another Stilo) could prove quite tricky. If someone else in the same area had the same view as me then the price of that car could get pushed upwards (basically the dealer notices how quickly the car sells and makes a mental note to up the price on the next one that comes his way). Of course, this (if it happens at all) is mainly going to affect the more desirable models. Elementary supply & demand really :)

As said before, it doesn't bother me which way it goes :cool:

I bought the car to drive it - not as an investment :devil:

Back