Technical Stilo MW vibrating?

Currently reading:
Technical Stilo MW vibrating?

dogvan

I'm wondering if someone can help or advise? I have a '53' Stilo MW and on its last MOT in October it had an advisory for Offside front inner cv boot leaking and an oil leak. (I didn't own the car at that time and was unaware when it was sold to me). Recently its started making a squeaking noise in low gear so i have booked it in to be looked at the mechanic said it probably just needs regreasing (or words to that effect).
However as mad as this may seem i have never been on the motorway or a dual carriage way over 40mph until this week and i've noticed its vibrating on acceleration over 50mph? will this be due to the CV boot also as i thought to take it for the tyres rebalancing but wondered if there was any point if it was down to the CV boot?

I'm only asking as i desperately need the car for my work (self employed) as i'm a dog walker and its fully caged out and panicking on time/money and does 're-greasing' sound plausable and not implying anything more serious?

Much appreciated i totally love the car my last was a Fiat Marea estate which was excellent until some donut skidded into it in December writing it off.

Its more likely to be your balancing i would have thought, I would get them balanced and see what its like then, Could be that the Cv joint is a bit dry but wouldnt have thought it would vibrate.
Does it click when you turn sharp left or right, if it doesnt then its unlikely to be cv joint but i would get the cv boot done and the leak if its a seperate leak.

Thank you Muppet no it doesn't make any other noise bar the squeaking in low gear.

Its going into the garage Saturday so i'll take them to rebalanced after that.

Thanks again

Just incase it helps anyone my car got all fixed today it needed a new engine mount and a stabilizer link no more vibrating now.

Back