Stilo mirror. peeling paint. S**T!

Currently reading:
Stilo mirror. peeling paint. S**T!

chicken_chau_mein

Stilolos???
A while ago i went to my local car wash and they did this:

Image044.jpg

That was quite a while ago and i vowed to never go back. This morning i woke up early to get her washed and i foolishly went back to the same place thinking it wouldnt happen again. I just sat in the car nice and warm and let them do their job. Even gave them a tip afterwards.

I just went asda with my sister to replace her dvd player and arriving back to the car, she was shouting JOE JOE JOE whats that!!! I almost had a heart attack (yes i love my Charly Stilo) and thought someone had smashed my window or something. This is what greeted me:

Image072.jpg

A massive amount of paint has been blasted off by the car wash C*NTS and they never told me or owned up. I heard them saying something in their own language, and now i know what they were saying.

I got a touch up stick for the front and its ok because its only small, but the mirror will definately need to be respayed or even replaced? My car's only an 05 plate so i don't understand how the paint can be so useless.

Any advice, suggested ideas and prices to get the mirror resprayed? Cheers.

A while ago i went to my local car wash and they did this:

Image044.jpg

That was quite a while ago and i vowed to never go back. This morning i woke up early to get her washed and i foolishly went back to the same place thinking it wouldnt happen again. I just sat in the car nice and warm and let them do their job. Even gave them a tip afterwards.

I just went asda with my sister to replace her dvd player and arriving back to the car, she was shouting JOE JOE JOE whats that!!! I almost had a heart attack (yes i love my Charly Stilo) and thought someone had smashed my window or something. This is what greeted me:

Image072.jpg

A massive amount of paint has been blasted off by the car wash C*NTS and they never told me or owned up. I heard them saying something in their own language, and now i know what they were saying.

I got a touch up stick for the front and its ok because its only small, but the mirror will definately need to be respayed or even replaced? My car's only an 05 plate so i don't understand how the paint can be so useless.

Any advice, suggested ideas and prices to get the mirror resprayed? Cheers.

Weak paint can be spotted by severe stone chips and paint marks.
This does not seem to be the case, only these particular valeters have damaged your car bodywork. The valleters are liable, end of.
A lot of Fiats suffer from peeling lacquer, without it the colour coat is very weak.

If i go back to them now they're obviously going to deny it otherwise they would of owned up straight away. I just can't get my head around this has happened on my last 2 visits. I used to go there every week and this never happened. The laquer is slightly peeling on another area on the bumper too. I might just get the whole bumper resprayed along with the mirror. Anyone know how much its likely to cost?

If i go back to them now they're obviously going to deny it otherwise they would of owned up straight away. I just can't get my head around this has happened on my last 2 visits. I used to go there every week and this never happened. The laquer is slightly peeling on another area on the bumper too. I might just get the whole bumper resprayed along with the mirror. Anyone know how much its likely to cost?

Get some bodyshop quotes and ask to see some of their work before committing...

Get some bodyshop quotes and ask to see some of their work before committing...

The last place i went to get some work done, they charged me £320 to paint and bond on a set of skirts to my stilo. They also quoted me £250 to color code the side skirts because they need a "special primer". I definately aint going back there! I'm just wondering if anyone has any rough ideas first so i know what kind of price i should be aiming for. :confused:

were the skirts smooth or textured plastic? if textured then yeah you need to use the "special primer!"(y)

I just re read my post and i made a mistake, i meant they quoted me £250 to color code the rubbing strips along the door and front and rear bumpers. As for my side skirts, i don't remember exactly how they came but they were greyish/white and smooth.

I can't be bothered to go back to the car wash. I'm not a confrontational person nor do i like to argue. I may just get a new cover off ebay readyily primed and get that painted up and then change it over. So it'd cost roughly £40 if its primed and ready for painting?

Back